The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
5/01/2007

AAAAAAAAA!! PUSSY CONTROL.... OH!!

I believe it has been questioned whether or not I like pets. The fact of the matter is while I consider myself a dog person I am not diametrically opposed to cats. I've had a cat before. A kitten to be more precise. It didn't work out, but I took the kitten in at the time.

Not as an act to prove anything, but I recently made a trip to the humane society. First of all... whoever the larger-than-lifesize image is in foyer... it looks like a young(er, but still old) Estelle Getty. It's frightening. It makes me want to get a dog to scare off the evil emanating from the image.

The way the cat cages are set up is to have four walls in the center of the room that have an exam room in the middle. The cat-filled cage-walls are in the open. The fourth cage-wall is enclosed behind a couple doors that lead to a cat-play area where a half dozen cats were allowed to roam free and be petted (if they let you pet them).

What we noticed was that this fourth wall was filled with most likely were the special ed cats. One fluffier cat had been shaved (we guessed due to mange) and only left with a fluffy head and Ugg boots. As she slept her tongue hung out in a taco shape. It was hilarious, but endearing. She was named Sparkle and had been given up. Apparently someone wasn't fully dedicated to Sparklemotion. Another cat was skittish. Which I would presume is not atypical cat behavior, but this cat looked like it was jonesing for it's next hit. This would be the type of cat that I would end up with attached to my self as it tried to claw at my gooey innards.

In the petting room most of the cats couldn't care less. There was an all white one which seemed to like me well enough. But I'm sure it was just a show. Another cat, all black, was aloof in a corner perch. It had the loudest heaviest purr I'd ever heard. I'm pretty sure it had swallowed a cell phone on vibrate. Someone was trying to call it.

As we walked by the cats, one was named Gerr (which we took to calling Grr). This cat had personality. seemingly very sociable. I'd venture to say he was our favorite, tied with Sparkle whom I took to calling Aughra.

There was a lady looking at cats in the area who could overheard saying that she only likes pretty cats. This was said as she looked at another shaved cat. This lady was judged a bitch. Not only because of her tone, but because of her attitude. If the only reason you want a pet is because of it's looks... that to me is the wrong reason.

In Dog Alley, the scene was a little more 'generic'. I say it like that because 90% of the dogs were black labs or had black lab in them. I've been told that that dog is abandoned a lot because people will get them as pets and not be prepared for how active they are. Which is sad. There was one HUGE Great Dane that was mixed with something to give him a grey/white spotted appearance. He literally was up to my chest. Had he been not as frail looking, I probably could've rode him around like a horse.

At a local pet store, there were more puppies on display than anything. A Daschund with one blue/one brown stood out. I've always been fond of the Boston Terriers or the French Bulldogs. There were a couple of those on display. There were a couple chihuahuas which have always seemed like great pets. Dare I say they might be a little cliche? Still puppies are adorable.

I don't say I'll never had a pet. If I do it would certainly be from someplace were they can be rescued.

Labels:

I posted this @ 5/01/2007 01:48:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.