The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/20/2007

AND THE WORDS OF THE PROPHETS ARE WRITTEN ON THE SUBWAY WALLS

In the recent school I worked in, a motivational speaker had recently been there. A project had been completed wherein the students were to write their names an something they hoped to accomplish or hoped would happen in the future. I was actually quite saddened by what I read. There was obviously a large percentage that had the generic statements of "I want to be successful" or "I want to be a better person."

Then there the percentage of kids who wrote about wanting to be a good father/mother/husband/wife, or model/actress/musician. The combo of world famous brain surgeon/drummer was my favorite 'this or that' goal. Reach for the stars kiddo!

What saddened me was the number of students who wanted to help other people. Help stop abuse... Be a therapist... Be a psychologist... Help drug addicts/alcoholics... because most of those statements included some variation of the phrase, "like my counselor helped me."

Amongst these groups were the occasion... "Hope to stay out of prison" "Wish kids would quit calling me gay" or "find someone who will love me." I thought it was extremely brave for these kids to not only write these things and put them out in the world but to also sign their names so everyone else would see them.

There's nothing I really feel like saying about this. Other than just saying it.

Labels: ,

I posted this @ 4/20/2007 09:08:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.