The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/19/2007

MY FLAG BOY AND YOUR FLAG BOY SITTIN' BY THE FIRE

I read a book. Huzzah! Don't be fooled, that is a bigger accomplishment than it might sound. While I enjoy reading, I really have to like the book to read it. Some books I've read quickly. Mark loaned me a book a couple months ago that I finished in a week. I handily broke that record. I finished The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time in a day. I started reading at around 8am and had it done by 2pm. This is unheard of for me. It was an excellent book.

The story is told from the point of view of an autistic child who lives with his father. It begins rather frenetically. Christopher explains why he doesn't like the color yellow and why he is writing the book to begin with. He explains why doesn't like to be touched. He explains in the best way he can how his mind work. He explains why the book is titled in seemingly random numbers.

He is a very bright child. He is very logical. Logical to the point that his quirks seem perfectly understandable once you see his point. The problem is communicate why he does what he does effectively. Most autistic children probably couldn't do so.

There was even a part where I teared up a bit. I won't give away what brought me to that point. But I will say that while I can't relate to having autism, I can relate to Christopher's family dynamics with his mother.

Go read it!

*Bonus points if you get the connection between the song title and the post topic.

Labels: ,

I posted this @ 4/19/2007 12:18:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.