The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/10/2007

HOW SOON IS NOW

Mark and I have been seeing each other long enough that the little quirks that each of us have don't come as a surprise. My 'system' of how I hang my clothes. My slow-paced eating. My preference of warm over cool. My habit of flipping the light switch on and off 8 times before going to sleep. Wait... Did I not mention that last one? Sorry babe.

Just kidding...

We were browsing World Market last weekend. I was looking at their kitchen gear. I was commenting that most places only carry blue and red silicone bakeware. I would like to procure some but I'd rather have black. My kitchen right now doesn't have a color or a theme to it. But I have been buying black, white, and chrome items. My reasoning? When I do have a different kitchen that has a bit more ability to be decorated I have kitchen items that I can easily use and not worry about color. Or if I change my mind I'm not stuck with all blue or all red appliances.

This would be a quirk.

I realized this when I was looking at box graters and Mark found one, but I rejected it because of reasons that were wholly inconsequential to the actual ownership of said grater to begin with. Basically put... If anyone is judging me because of my cheese grater then they are the ones with the problem. Not me.

Welcome to my neuroses. I think he's in for a bumpy ride.

But seriously, I am fascinated by people and how relationships progress. I know there are no hard fast rules to dating and getting to know someone. I know that what might work for someone might not work for someone else.

For people that have been married or together for a long time... take a moment to think about these things.

When was the first time your significant other said "I love you"? How far into the relationship were the two of you before you cooked for the other person? These are the type of things I find fascinating for reasons that I can't exactly put my finger on.

How long was it before you spent the night together?
How soon before you met their friends?
How soon before you were comfortable enough to burp or fart in front of them?
How long was it before you met their family?
How long was it before the two of you moved in together?
How soon did you take a vacation together?
How long was it before you let them come over even when you were sick?
How long did it take before you cried in front of them?

It all fascinates me. Like I said... I know that there aren't rules that govern things that can be equally applied across all relationships.

I started this post out by mentioning quirks. While I don't think any of the questions above are quirks, I do think they all kind of play into each other. It's about comfortability with another person. Being comfortable being yourself... I am at comfort.

Labels: ,

I posted this @ 4/10/2007 12:58:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.