The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/13/2007

FOR THE ACTOR

Music has always been a big part of my life. I've said on this blog dozens of times that life should have a soundtrack. Just the right song playing at just the right moment to bring everything together. A classic romantic moment heightened by the crescendo of a catchy chorus.

I have many playlists on my iPod. Some based on a theme (cover songs, 80s, musicals). Some based on moods (dancey, mellow, sing-along). Mix tapes are like soundtracks. I think they are one of the 'milestones' I mentioned in a relationship. Especially if the two people involved are both in music. Even if the other person has a different taste in music than you do, knowing that someone put a collection of songs together just for you makes each song a little more special.

I think most of you readers know my favorite song. If not it's pretty easy to find out what it is. I've sat in my car listening to that song on numerous occasions. I have the song on my iPod. I had the cassette. I have the movie it's in. I could hear it in any number of places. Yet, when it's played spontaneously it is suddenly more special.

Pamie quotes Rob Sheffield, "I'd rather hear the Beatles' 'Getting Better' on a mix tape than on Sgt. Pepper any day. I'd rather hear a Frank Sinatra song between Run-DMC and Bananarama than between two other Frank Sinatra songs. When you stick a song on a tape, you set it free."

I have probably heard this song on their album. Yet, for some reason Mates Of State's 'For The Actor' is all I want to hear right now. I've been playing it constantly all week. I even woke up in the middle of the night at one point and was humming the song. I had to start playing it on the keyboard, the next day, in an effort to get it out of my head. I just sat down and started pecking away until I had Kori's (the wifely half of the duo) keyboard part recognizable on it's own.

The easiest way to hear the song if to check out their My Space page and click on For The Actor in the audio box on the right.

So if anyone asks what song I have in my head right now, this would be it. It is the current song on my 'soundtrack'.

What songs make up your soundtrack?

Labels: ,

I posted this @ 4/13/2007 12:25:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.