The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/20/2007

KNOW THIS CHILD WILL BE GIFT, WITH LOVE, WITH PATIENCE, AND WITH FAITH

My coworkers and I were passing the time in between classes to read a few magazines. One of the articles was about a woman in her early 30s who wanted to freeze some of her eggs. She didn't feel she was at a point in her life to have a child. This conversation topic lead to women who sell their eggs for money. One coworker mentioned how it seemed wrong and mercenary to do so. Going on to say that you were selling your body. While I don't necessarily disagree with what she is saying I did see some hypocrisy in it. This was coming from someone who was part of a research study that was testing a cholesterol drug. Is that not similar if not the same? I was intrigued by how these weighed out.

We talked some more about it. What about people who sell plasma, or blood, or guys who sell sperm? Is it really any different? Is it more or less mercenary?

It turned more personal when it was said that if a person couldn't have kids naturally that "maybe that [is] G-.. nature's way of telling you that you shouldn't have kids." Nature's way?

Ok, so the question becomes this... Say, one day my partner and I want to have a child. Neither of us have sex with women so we find someone willing to be a surrogate. Are we not supposed to have kids? The question was never really answered.

But seriously... I don't know whether I'll be a good parent or not. Does anyone ever really know for sure until they have a child? I struggled for a long time with being gay because of what that meant for having a 'family' one day. I'd never met any gay man who had children of his own. It was an unknown to me at the time. Yet, to have it insinuated that I shouldn't have kids... that's malarkey. Nature's way of telling me something or not. I don't agree.

Labels:

I posted this @ 4/20/2007 11:26:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.