The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/07/2004
SHE BANGS SHE BANGS by William Hung

Ok... I'm well aware that Ricky Martin originally sang that song, but he's not the doof I'm wanting to talk about.

Our friend Duracell in need of a recharge pointed out that William Hung has an album out. A WHOLE album of his hits. This idea honeslty create pain within me. I've gone off before about my views on American Idol. The early rounds of the show pain me because these poor people don't know that they are most likely only being shown because they are good or they are REALLY bad. How else would someone like Willie get on television.

If you heard good ol' Bill crooning "They Way We Were" in some karaoke bar, who in the sober mind would truly say to him that he has a talent that should be shared with the world. Yet somewhere along the line, someone has fostered the idea that he should be singing.

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for people wanting to achieve their goals and make something of themselves. Yet, let's look at honestly at what is someone liking something because they like it or liking something because it is so bad it is good. This is not a guilty pleasure, like listening to The Bee Gees. This is someone who can't sing, who people like because he can't sing.

William even admits in interviews he doesn't know why he is popular. That hurts me even more because I don't know how he can NOT see why he is popular. I've been fortunate that I've not heard his version of She Bangs on the radio. Tho, if he has an album out, I'm sure it isn't far behind. I'm sure there is some radio station that is already playing it.

My condolences to William when he figures out the fool that he is being played for.
I posted this @ 4/07/2004 08:20:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.