The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
11/02/2003

AND I CARE WHY?

emotional vomit: phr. (ih-mo'-she-nal vah'-mit)
1. A condition were the response to a simple seemingly harmless question results in the person you are speaking to telling you every detail about their life. Episodes last from thirty seconds to fifteen minutes. May be reoccuring over a series a time.



This may come off harsher than I intend it, but I do think that some people have a serious problem with emtionally vomitting on people. I can come off as aloof or snobbish because I don't chit chat with people. This is not because I am actually aloof or snobbish. Perhaps selective in who I speak to, but not for any negative reasons.

This doesn't mean that if your my friend, that I don't care to know about every detail of your life. What it does mean is that if you just met me 5 five minutes ago and I already know how long ago you broke up with your first husband and that you're lactose intolerant. Then... it's too much!

You see, I've been told that I am rather easy going and it's easy for people to open up to me. I guess I come of as unassuming and sincere. That's a great compliment. Yet, sometimes what happens is that some people will decide that because of such they can tell me their life story in a fast paced breathless stream of nouns and verbs.

Case in point... Exhibit A: After Chris telling me that I can be be rude sometimes by not small talking with people in the grocery line, or waitresses, etc... I made an effort to speak with a local super market bagboy as I was leaving Hy Vee. He sighed rather auidbly and I was feeling chatty so I casually said, and I quote "Long day?" To which he responded with a harrowing tale of how he was late to work because his car was out of gas and he had to get a ride, he didn't have the money to fill up his car with gas because he went to the ATM to get money and he was robbed. I rebuttled with the fac that the day was almost over (being that it was 10pm). No, his day was just starting he just got to work and was going to be there for another 6 hours.

Granted... I caught him on a bad day, but would you just tell that to anyone?

Exhibit B: I order PZone's again tonight and after a while of waiting for them to be delivered I heard a dull thud against my window. Not beign real sure I actually heard it, I went to another room and used that window to peer outside. There was the Pizza Hut delivery guy looking for more ammunition to toss at my window. 1) Why didn't he ring the buzzer? 2) How did he know that the window he was throwing at was the right one? Am I infamous with Pizza Hut? So I grab my money and take it down to him and startle him in his search for more pine cones to hurl at my window. He explained what he was doing and asked me how the door buzzer worked. I politely explained. He then went on to tell me that he doesn't have his cell phone or he would have just called. Yet, he doesn't have money to pay the bill right now, which is why he is working as a delivery driver to pay his cell phone bill. I'm sorry to say that the tip I gave him was probably not going to put him much closer to getting his cell phone back.
I posted this @ 11/02/2003 02:20:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.