The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/02/2004

CENTERFOLD by J. Giles Band

Maybe it's my mood lately, but I've been in a ranting mood lately.

So what's on my mind today?

People online... Let's start off with the facts. I am single. I have a personal ad out there. I also chat in a chatroom with other singles from time to time. I know that in any scene there are winners and losers. I've meet my fair share of both online and in person. So is life. This I understand and accept, but while thinking about the 'online' world... let's go over a few basic ground rules to remember as a human being and member of a civilized society.

I present to you:

CRIS'S RULES TO ONLINE DATING IN AN OFFLINE WORLD

1) Be honest! If you say you are "very good looking" yet you don't provide some photo in a profile to support that then you are less likely to be believed.

2) Speaking of photos. If your have a decent profile, yet no photo and someone asks you nicely for a picture.... Do not assume that they want a photo of your bare chest or a crotch shot. Granted there are some people out there that some skin is all they want to see. Don't automatically assume that. I will be looking at your face if we do ever meet for dinner, so how about a photo of that.

3) When chatting online and you try to strike up a conversation with someone: Do not start off with a proposition for an encounter. It lacks tact. At some point, introduce yourself before you ask if someone is looking for sex at the VERY least.

4) If you do proposition someone and they turn you down, accept no as an answer. Don't ask why someone turned you down.

5) You are not all that. You are not a bag of chips. Fries do not come with that shake. You are not the next best thing to sliced bread. Your shit stinks just like any other. You need to go eat a sandwich and quit looking like an extra in a Fiona Apple video.

6) If you reply to a persons ad or reply to what someone has sent you, take a few moments to spell check it. Trust me... people notice those things.

7) If u r over da age of 18 or out of high school, do not use chat shorthand as a proper means of communication. This goes back to spell checking...

8) Spell their name right when you write to them. Believe me when I type that my name is spelled Cris. Don't presume I just made a typo in my own name. While I admit that it can happen as I am prone to typos... I will ALWAYS go back and spell my name correctly.

9) I reserve the right to add or revise these as I think of more.

10) If you are going to invite someone out on a dinner date... try to make sure you go to the right restaurant. I know accidents happen, but hopefully a first meeting is worth double checking where you are to meet them.

11) If you say you find a person interesting, yet when you speak to that person a week later, and you start off by calling them by the wrong name.... don't try to dig yourself out of that hole. It only will sound pathetic and pointless.

11a) Right after calling someone by the wrong name, don't invite them over to your place. It REALLY will sound pathetic and pointless.

11b) Right after calling someone by the wrong name and then inviting them over to your place... Don't re-ask for their name and number, even though you already had it at one time. Do I need to say why at this point?
I posted this @ 1/02/2004 11:06:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.