The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/16/2004
GO YOUR OWN WAY by Fleetwood Mac

or

SAY MY NAME by Destiny's Child



I've got a few things to ramble about... So the usual long post warning applies.


-You've heard my talk about my dreams before. I talk about this one not for interpretation, per se, but more to express the overall feeling it left me with.

I frequently dream, but rarely recall them for long past a morning shower. Whatever your views are of dreams and dream interpretation... I do believe that dreams are the way our subconscious works through some issues. Tho, not everything in a dream has some deep seeded meaning. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

This dream left me feeling disoriented and truly unsure of where I was for what seemed like 10-15 minutes. That is a rarity for me. While the dreams may seem very realistic once I'm awake, I'm awake... I can only think of one other dream where I woke up and was so off kilter. I had such a feeling of closure that I was able to really say goodbye to someone from my past. It was both wonderful and unnerving.

For what it's worth... To whom it may concern... "I'm sorry too. It was fun."


-I will admit that I will make, what can be seen as, judgmental or presumptive statements about people. Now, because I admit it doesn't make it right. Yet, I don't want anyone reading this to think that I am above anything or unaware that I do it. You know how fragile glass houses can be.

I apologize for being somewhat vague about an issue or situation. Yet, for the respect of a persons privacy that is not my own I would rather not specifically mention an example of what I mean.

There have been times in my past where people have made 'accusations' about my friends and I will be one of the first to deny that they are/aren't true. Maybe I'm naive. Maybe I'm stubborn. Maybe I am too trusting with some things. If a friend tells me something about themselves and I have no honest reason to doubt them... I will most likely not change my opinion based solely on the assumption of another person.

Let's use a wild hypothetical situation to hopefully better illustrate my point. Has everyone heard of the Bee Gees? They are certainly a love/hate band. A guilty pleasure for some... I ask my friend whether or not they like the Bee Gees and they say they don't. If I trust my friend so I have no reason to not believe them. Later I may hear someone talk about how my friend actually does like the Bee Gees, but doesn't want someone else to know. Well... I asked my friend, and they said they don't. Yet, when it comes to light that my friend actually DOES like the Bee Gees there is no I told you so's or anything like that. No one gloats, thank goodness. My problem is with the initial accusation or presumption. If I take the time to ask at least I feel safe in saying such statements are true or untrue, rather making statements that are unfounded. I don't know if either of those are the best word to use, but you get the idea.

I'd be fooling myself to think that people, everyday, do not make assumptions based on any number of reasons. Some valid... Some not...

Here is where the stones and glass houses meet. Some assumptions are harmless... Liking the Bee Gees is harmless. Some assumptions are not. I hope that I don't make too many assumptions (if any... although I'm sure I have) that may be hurtful to another person. Because I think making some stereotypical assumptions can be problematic.

I think people, including myself, need to be aware of what might be an unfair accusation. I will try and be better aware of it in my own behavior.


-On a lighter note... At my job I had to contact the police in a town called East Fishkill... I could barely contain myself when the local authorities answered, "East Fishkill Police." What a name!!


-Last thing I swear and then you can back to whatever it is that you were doing prior to reading this 'book.' An old acquaintance came across my blog and contacted me. As I was wrapping up the conversation I used the persons name. I was kindly, but quickly corrected.

In telling another friend who I heard from, and I mentioned the name thing. It was then pointed out a tendency that I have that I didn't realize might be an issue to some people. Because it is the internet, it is not uncommon for regular folks to go by aliases or screen names. The person sitting at the desk/office/cube next to you might be SexySuzy2004 and because you know them in real life as Jane, there is no reason to think otherwise.

If you were to look at my ICQ or Yahoo messenger list you wouldn't find screennames. You would find the real names of the people I chat with. I have always held the theory that if I know someone well enough to chat with them on a regular basis I am going call them by their name. I don't go around and expect anyone to call me "gotcris" and so I pass that on to others.

I've looked at it as a sign of respect and friendship. I like you as a person and friend enough to call you by your name. What I am overlooking is the medium in which I refer to people. Some people prefer to not use their real name online. I can understand why. It makes perfect sense. I guess this is a public apology to any friend that I've referred to by their name when they might have preferred anonymity. It was never my intention to reveal your identity.


You may now go back to your regularly scheduled monotony...
I posted this @ 4/16/2004 08:07:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.