The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
5/15/2008

DON'T WANT TO BE HERE ALONE

I've been kind of introspective lately. So put on your waders. The water may get a little deep and choppy.

I'm going to say this, while keeping one thing in mind... It's said that the things we dislike in others are usually the things we dislike in ourselves. So if I do these things I'm about to mention, I would hope that someone will tell me so I can make sure I'm not being hypocritical about it. Now on to it...

I don't understand how people have an issue answering simple questions. I think it is probably one of the rudest things you can do. Personally. Professionally. How can you just ignore a valid question? Or a question out of concern? I would have to say it's one of my biggest pet peeves. And one of my biggest fears. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

In the working world you get questions all the time. From co-workers. From bosses. From customers. As a 'consumer', wouldn't you be upset if a store clerk completely blew you off and didn't even acknowledge that you were looking for assistance?

Wednesday Is Meh-dayIn your circle of friends and acquaintances, the same thing. Is it really that much effort to answer a friendly call or email? I remind myself that not everyone lives with their email on like I do. I remind myself that people have all sorts of things going on that may prevent them from getting back to me. This is not a self-centered thing. Really. I don't think of myself in some entitled way. I don't go around demanding, "you MUST answer me."

In a job, you're boss would want an answer. Your co-worker might be awaiting to know how to proceed. Your friend might be wanting to make plans and include you. Your friend might be concerned about how you are doing. At what point does courtesy go out the window? I try and take a 'reap what you sow' approach. I try and be as prompt as I can. In return I hope that people would show me the same. Like I said... if I don't do this, please point it out! I truly don't want to be hypocritical about this.

Part of the reason this bothers me so much is I don't want to be forgotten. Out of the loop. Alone.

WHOA!? Did it get personal in here? Let me explain... Roundaboutly.

When I was a little kid there was an episode of a cartoon (Dungeons & Dragons, but that is beside the point) where each of the main characters were facing their own private fear. One of the characters fear was being alone. It always stuck with me about how horrible that would be. Castaway? Horrible movie for me... I'd end up going crazy if I was trapped on a desert island.

In my personal life this doesn't mean that I can't be by myself or that I have to be around people all the time. What it does mean is that I treasure my friends. I try and cultivate relationships in order to make sure they withstand the test of time. Because the biggest way to hurt me inside is to treat me like I'm not there. Like I don't matter.

Before anyone gets to thinking. No one has personally offended me. No bosses or coworkers have wronged me. Like I started out saying... Just been a little introspective and felt like putting the proverbial pen to paper.

Labels:

I posted this @ 5/15/2008 04:53:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.