The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
5/06/2008

MOTHERLESS CHILD. DON'T KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG

The plight of the older sibling

This article doesn't seem like anything too surprising, but I suppose that having it suddenly 'proven' is newsworthy. The new study confirmed that amongst siblings the eldest child get the roughest go of it. While the younger siblings have it easier.

Really? Big shock...

I'm in the odd category of having siblings that didn't live with me. So I can't speak on how such a parently reign of power on the oldest siblings might have worked. My Grandparents had already raised two kids. My Dad fathered a couple kids after me. But I never was raised with any of them. So as far as the 'youngest' of the kids my grandparents raised I had it pretty easy. "Stay alive and don't fuck up" was the unofficial motto. They cared about me, but there was definite trust. Compared to my aunt and father (their children) as long as I stayed out of jail and off of drugs I was golden.

I wonder about the little quirks families have. If you've got older step-children that come in to a family do they get the rough go of it even if an older child comes into the family from a marriage? Does a bigger age gap make it easier or worse on the siblings? What about adopted kids?

I'm doing my own informal survey. I should draft a grant proposal and get paid millions of dollars to investigate it.

Are you the older sibling? Were your parents tougher on you than your siblings? Maybe you were the younger sibling who could get away with murder?

Labels:

I posted this @ 5/06/2008 05:04:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.