The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/08/2008

WILDFLOWERS

Grill On Char2 D2 Perhaps I'm just picky. Perhaps I'm just not satisfied. Perhaps it's a bit of professional ADHD. I highly doubt the latter. A few years ago I was in a relationship where I was severely unhappy. While trying to find a new job, a friend had told me about where she worked. It sounded like a good idea. I could work overnights. I could work longer hours, but get my hours in few days. It sounded like a great idea. At the time, the ex was having none of it, for various reasons, but that's not my point.

I ended up finding a different job. One that was admittedly very cushy. No one would try to convince you otherwise. Eventually, that job came to an end. Again my friend and I talked about where she worked. The grass certainly seemed greener. It was a job. It was good pay. It was seemingly good hours. I jumped at the chance.

I got the job. I like the pace of the job. I like my coworkers that I sit next to for 12 hours a day. Those two things right there are super important. But there are down sides. Some odd business practices. Not being able to take an official lunch break away from my desk. Being on call 2-3 days out of the month, plus coming in for meetings. The prospect of being moved to other hours or shift at any given time.

Perhaps these are common place in many companies, but it's not something I'm accustomed to at all. I'm a creature of habit. Especially when it comes to a job I like to have a routine. It keeps me on time. There are certain instabilities that just make it more stressful for me.

I shouldn't have to worry about my khakis having to many pockets and being sent home for it. I shouldn't have to feel like I'm being treated by a grade schooler. Yet I do. And this is just the tip of the iceberg for oddities.

Just a warning to anyone looking for greener pastures... They aren't always.

Labels:

I posted this @ 4/08/2008 04:43:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.