The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
3/18/2008

IT'S ELECTRIC - Part 2

Ok. So we're into Day 5 of the Amish lifestyle. I've adjust decently considered that I worked over the weekend so I wasn't really home all day to have to entertain myself without TV. Now some may find TV just a noise box that is full of trash. Fine. I don't. I like TV. I miss TV. Even if I'm not watching it I didn't realize how much quieter the place is without it. Sure I've still got my computer and thus music and can watch some shows online. Which I have been doing... But The Food Network or Discovery Channel was a staple on my days off during the afternoon. I miss Paula Deen's laugh. I miss Mike Rowe and The Mythbusters (which would be an awesome band name).

Here's the latest on Surgegate. OPPD is claiming responsibility for the incident. This is what I'm hearing from the apartment manager. She told me that several residents reported losing items. Even the complex itself took a hit losing such things as stoves and refrigerators. One person reported losing a plasma TV. I'm significantly bummed and pissed off, but a fancy plasma TV going down the drain would make me call forth the fires of Hell.

Now... all I have to do is file a claim. Which means filling out a form. Which means getting a hold of the guy who handles this. Which means getting him to call me back. So far no luck. I've left him messages. He's called once, but I was at work in a 'no cell phone' environment. I couldn't do much at the time and called back as soon as I could.

My hopes, while still dashed that I lost all this stuff, are a bit better for getting it replaced. Mark and I have even done a bit of dreaming about a new TV. Obviously I won't get an upgrade from OPPD, but it will certainly help towards a new nicer one. One that doesn't weigh 80 pounds. Seriously... how did I end up with all heavy shit when it came time to move?

Labels:

I posted this @ 3/18/2008 02:28:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.