The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/07/2008

PULL THE WIG DOWN FROM THE SHELF

School’s cross-dressing event causes a stir

This article makes me laugh. As part of "Wacky Week" at an elementary school the students were allowed to dress up as senior citizens or as the opposite gender. The Voice of Christian Youth America were upset and spoke of their outrage on a syndicated radio program. Ok. Fair enough. I can understand why they would have an objection. Yet on the other hand... I think the reason they are upset is a bit 'bloated'. Promotes alternative lifestyles and transgenderism? Really? Ok if you say so.

For years my high school alma mater would have at least one day during Homecoming "Spirit Week" was Opposite Sex day. They also promoted Pajama Day and Crazy Hair Day. It's pretty common for all sorts of business and functions to use cross-dressing as a form of comedy. Now, do I think that someone saw Opposite Sex day as a chance to openly wear clothes that they may one day go own to wear? Probably. Do I think that in an elementary setting that anyone is making lifestyle choices? Possibly... but it's unlikely. Not impossible, just unlikely.

I'm trying really hard to stay out of the realm of "So what if they do?" but it's not easy. Are the kids really being THAT influenced, by something that is done in gest and not connected to anything sexual at all? Granted it's far from my cup of tea, but I question the effect they are saying it has.

Labels:

I posted this @ 4/07/2008 04:42:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.