The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/14/2008

SEA OF LOVE

Mark and I went to see Juno over the weekend. We'd been wanting to for a while. Well actually we'd been wanting something light after The Mist a few weeks ago brought us down. But 27 Dresses isn't out yet. Yes... 27 Dresses. Shuddup! I like Katherine Heigl. I have since Roswell. Shuddup! I liked Roswell...

Anyway...

I REALLY enjoyed this movie. It's a quirky slice of live movie. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Clerks. Just a typical situation that happens to be about interesting people. Juno's spunky. Good hearted. Cool in that way that you want to know a person like her and hope they think you're cool enough to be worthy to be known by her. But she doesn't flaunt it. I'd be her friend.

But I digress. The biggest part of the movie that got to me was her viewpoint on relationships. Don't worry, I'm not spoiling anything. Juno comes off as this 'tough' girl who, while liking someone, is still very independent and self-sufficient. Her father divorce. Everywhere she looks people break up. How can a person really believe that two people can actually make it work? I really could relate to that. To her in that moment...

Having seen my own parents relationship break up a couple of times. I've been there when you hope they pull it together. I've been there when it doesn't. I've seen good people that I know end relationships that you just hoped would work out. After a while your faith is shaken. What kind of hope do you have when everyone around you can't seem to do it either.

This is where my optimism comes in. Honestly, you just know. And even if you can't guarentee anything 100% you go into it head first and to the best that you can with what you have and what you know. Maybe you can end up showing someone else along the way that relationships do work. I know that I've got several friends that I've known forever that are together and have been for years. It's folks like that, that make me realize that not every couple is doomed. You can do it, if you work at it.

Maybe that's a little more than the movie was saying, but it's what started me thinking. And you know you love it when I get thinking.

So here's to all the couples out there, that are trying to make it work. Keep it up!

Labels: ,

I posted this @ 1/14/2008 05:41:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.