The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
7/19/2006

MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME

Let me expound on my surroundings for a moment. I love Kentucky. More correctly I love certain eccentric things about Kentucky. On the way down here, shortly after leaving the St. Louis 101.1 The River listening area I found that the radio selections fell into one of three catergories. Talk Radio. Chrsitian Radio. Country. Which... if you know me... is like kryptonite to me. I exxagerate, but only for set up. This scenario was easily remedy by a couple phone calls and an firing up the iPod.

Along the way I encounted the scents of several mammals, including, but not limited to cow, pig, skunk, and the carcasses of many raccoon and opossums. The typical "Trust Jesus" graffitti that was usually found on every overpass between St. Louis and Louisville (not an exxageration) have been painted over. the construction that once held up traffic through the loneliest part of Southern Indiana is finally finished.

Around Louisville itself it is a different kind of... Well, let me just describe it to you. In the 30 miles from Louisville to my family's house, there are at least 9 titty bars, 3 adult book stores, and several miscellaneous looking XXX establishments that have no windows and the building is a 70s shade of soap-green.

Of those 9 jiggle joints, 6 of them have the same name. I would think this would be confusing for the patrons

Cletus: "I thought you were going to met me at the Thoroughbred?"
Harlan: "I was there."
Cletus: "Wait... which one were you at?"
Harlan: "I was at Thoroughbred VI."
Cletus: "Ooooh... I was at Thoroughbred II."

I guess the use of Roman numerals make it seem more high class.

Surrounding these places of gentlemanly entertainment are some of the greenest forests and amazing hills/mountains you've ever seen. Roads are cut right through these hills, exposing stratas of rocks that are countless years old. It really is beautiful.

A highway in any direction will take you to a National Forest or a set of caves that you can explore. It's an amazing countryside.

I'll just be lucky to leave here without an accent. It's EVERYWHERE!
I posted this @ 7/19/2006 09:38:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.