The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
7/18/2006

LIFE IS A HIGHWAY

I suppose I should at least pretend to update this thing.

First of all... I got all moved in. I haven't unpacked a thing yet, because I'm on VACATION! YAY! Of course I pick the hottest week of the year to move my life in boxes. Then go for a leisurely 12-hour drive to semi-rural Kentucky. Good times, kids. Good times.

I can't show enough appreciation for all the help I had moving. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! The couch I swore to set fire to rather than move made it's second to final move. The next move it makes will be a dumpster or an open lot where it can be doused in gasoline and set ablaze!

Having a couch that had recliners on each end seemed like a good idea at the time. It was a Christmas gift right after I'd first moved. How could I really say no? The mostrosity has followed me four times. I think even Old Yeller could see this one coming.

There are plenty of boxes waiting for me to unpack when I get back. Fun fun. Actually it won't be too bad. I sort of like starting out in a new place and being able to gay it up and make it my own.

In my free time at work (which is most of the damned time) I was doodling floor plans to where I wanted to put things in my new apartment. I'm a nerd like that. I've always been easily entertained by a piece of graph paper. When I was a little kid I'd 'measure' the house (with my little 8 year old feet) and then draw the rooms proportionally on graph paper. I know... You don't have to say it. I know...

So... YAY! Unpacking!

The trip to Kentucky was nice. It actually flew by really fast. Which surprised me. I left early enough that it was still a little light when I get here. This is a good thing because the semi-rural roads around here aren't well marked and I need the landmarks to guide me.

Did I mention it was one hundred and friggin' one degrees all the way down here? I typically drive with the windows down, because I love the feel of it. But between making sure my ipod didn't overheat and *I* didn't overheat I would roll up the windows and blast the air conditioner for a while.

I'm sure I've said it before, but my favorite part of the drive is the stretch of road between Kansas City and St. Louis. There are plenty of towns along the way to make the drive seem shorter. It's also full of rollings green hills that are just very scenic in a country-side sort of way.

It's just after noon and most are still asleep. I guess that is what happens when you stay up till 3am and you don't have to go to school. God I miss those days...

I'm sure I'll have more family stories soon.

Don't swelter too much. Stay inside!!!
I posted this @ 7/18/2006 09:06:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.