The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
7/08/2006

LONG TIME GONE

Whoa... Has it been that long since I made an actual post?! Holy shirt! Sorry faithful readers. This could turn out to be a bit rambling. Batten down those hatches.

I believe in a thing called blog.


My Fourth of July was good. I love fireworks. And as the 60+ photos on Flickr demonstrate, I took a lot of shots of them. I pared that down to 60 from all the really blurry ones that didn't make the cut. I at least was kind of to select out some of the betters on to put in a seperate set. But if you're feeling daring go for the whole set and find your favorite.


I watched The Devil Wears Prada, but I'll save that for a seperate port so as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Along those same lines, everytime I rate and write about a movie I think of DB who once commented that I gave a lot of moives three stars. I started thinking that maybe I should better/re- define my ratings. If for no other reason that so I can express how much I did or did not like it.


While having lunch the other day I ran into a good friend who I hand't seen in almost two years. Now you may question how he can be such a good friend if I'd not seen him in two years. Well, that is what got me thinking. There with situations on both sides that contributed to a lapse in communication. Not blaming. Just saying.

I don't think this friend reads this blog, but just in case I'll keep him nameless. If he does read this, I hope he reads it with the sense of friendly concern that it is intended. I've been "Curious Cris" since the 2nd grade, so you know there is also some general curiosity going on as well.

I didn't recognize my friend. Literally. I wasn't expecting him to be working at the place I was having lunch at. I didn't expect him to look the way he did. I honestly don't know what I would've expected.

He came up (in work outfit) and tossed an excess of extra napkins on the table. I didn't look up from my food, thinking it was the less than stellar waiter finally fulfilling the request for some extra napkins that we asked for eons ago. I finally looked up when he started talking.

This is where I know I have no poker face. I'm sure my face went from WTF to confusion to awe to gawking in a matter of two seconds. He has lost at least 50 pounds. A couple more piercings. He was just as animated as ever. Not his usual color, but I attributed it to being unshaven and mixing with still pale skin. And bad restaurant lighting.

Either way, the point is I didn't recognize him. I know he had gone through some tough times with his old job and some personally stressful situations, but having not really spoken with him in almost two years, I had no idea how it might have affected him.

The more I think about it, the more I hope everything is ok. I've gone from being excited to see him again and get his phone number to worried and glad I have his phone number so that I can call and check on him to see if he's ok.


I'll have a new address and phone number coming soon. If I haven't already given it to you it's because of one of several very simply reasons. 1) I don't know it yet. 2) I haven't talked to you to give it to you. 3) I don't want you to have it.

:-P I'm sure it's not the third one. Anyway... you can email me. If I have it by then I'll let you know.


I've got some great new songs that I'm going to be raving about. But like the movie, I'll save it for it's own post.

More to come! I'm back! Be afraid...
I posted this @ 7/08/2006 09:55:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.