The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
6/23/2006

SING... SING A SONG

NAME A SONG....

...that reminds you of an ex:
"Wild Horses" by The Sundays - Enough said...

...that makes you cry:
"Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol - I can't explain why the song makes me cry, but it does. Not every time, but if I really start thinking too much while listening to it, I'm a wreck.

...that reminds you of your childhood:
"No One Is To Blame" by Howard Jones - It was playing at the public swimming pool everyday for a summer. Even when I drive past the pool now I still can hear the song.

...that reminds you of high school:
"Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds - If you know me, then the reason is obvious.

...that mirrors you too closely:
"The Luckiest" by Ben Folds - I had a difficult time with this one. This could change from day to day. So I wouldn't claim this song for any other moment than right now as I write this.

...that makes you laugh:
"Do It With Madonna" by The Androids - The video is hilarious.

...that will always get you up to dance:
"Black Capricorn Day" by Jamiroquai - I can't resist the groove of this song. I first heard it at a dance recital. So even besides my own feeling of a white boy groove, I've got the image of the dance production I saw going in my head.

...that you used to hate, but now love:
"Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani - When it first came out, I don't know if it was the overplaying of it on the radio or what, but I couldn't stand it.

...that you love but wouldn't know of if it weren't for a friend:
"Hide & Seek" by Imogen Heap - I know Jay tried to get me listen to Miss Heap one other time, but I needed some coaxing from my musical sherpa.

...that you like from your parents' collection:
"C'mon Baby Light My Fire" by The Doors - I'm not exactly what type of music either of my biologoicalparents listen to, but this would be from the time.

...that makes you think of sex:
"Feelin' Love" by Paula Cole - Remember that scene from City Of Angels where Meg Ryan is in the tub all candle-lit and relaxy. Well it does nothing for me, but this song is playing and it is pure sex.

...that is your anthem:
"Life Is Sweet" by Natalie Merchant - I would say my all-time favorite song and my 'anthem' are two different things. This song definitely sounds like a song that I would be 'preaching' to people if I spoke of music like a religion. The line, "But I tell you life is sweet in spite of the misery. There's so much more, be grateful" really says a lot to me about how life is. If a person just let's it.

...that is your ultimate love song:
"The Promise" by Tracy Chapman - Wow! This was tough, but not because it was hard to decide. This song reminds me of so much in so many ways. I think of this song even as a reminder of other people who are in love.

...that reminds you of something nasty:
"Closer" by Nine Inch Nails - I don't know if 'nasty' is the right word. I had a difficult time with this one. Maybe it was the roating pig's head that got me. Not sure.

...that reminds you of a break-up:
"Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson - Oh yes. It's an American Idol winner. I actually listen and like an American Idol singer. So sue me.

...that makes you think of your friends:
"I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts- During the heydays of Must See TV The Gang got together every Thursday for an evening of food, friends, and F*R*I*E*N*D*S. Followed up by Jesse (short lived) (Will & Grace) and E.R. When summer hiatus came along we took off for downtown with cards and mah jongg in hand. Good times. This song reminds me of that time.

...that is held between you and a friend:
"Allison Road" by Gin Blossoms - He knows why.


...that would be your choice for a national anthem:
"Only In America" by Brooks and Dunn - Whether I like all kinds of country artists or not, I think hey make some of the best patriotic music.

...that changed your life in some pragmatic way:
"Rainbow Connection" by Kermit The Frog -It may sound silly, but it was one of the first songs that I really felt motivated me to want to learn to play the piano. I can still play it today. I love any version of it.
I posted this @ 6/23/2006 07:07:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.