The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
5/16/2005

GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM by David Bowie

Sorry about not posting this sooner. I just thought I'd mention that I did go see...

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - (B) Ok... Here is how I typically feel about such movies. By such movies I mean a movie where I don't really know a whole, if anything at all, about the actors in the movie. In addition, I also mean a movie where I know it's been a popular book for years and I've never bothered to even pretend to read it or act like I'm in the know when someone else discusses the book.

I enjoyed this movie. If you like British 'humour' (a la Monty Python) and parodies of other films (a la Space Balls), then you stand a good chance of walking out of this film with a smile upon your face. By not having read the book(s), I wasn't able to scoff when something was omitted in the film, or when something was done not precisely as I had envisioned it in my head after reading it. I knew the books were cult classics, in the way a prose version of the Rocky Horror Picture Show or Little Shop of Horrors would be a cult classic. I knew I was in for an odd ride when the first 10 minutes were devoted to... Well, actually I'll not spoil it in case it is important to someone. Let's just say, I wouldn't have expected an opening like that at all. Hiiiiii-larious!

Overall the film probably touched on such socio-political and moral issues as such stories typically do. Of course that is likewise, typically lost on me. I was never good at analyzing such things as any of my English Lit. teachers could tell you, if they even remembered me being in their class, since I probably never volunteered an answer to anything they would've asked.

The acting was pretty good. The characters were believable for as far out there as they were to begin with. The overall feel of the film was kind of 70s. The special effects were done very well. Although, there wasn't a huge build up to a lot of FX usage. This isn't Star Wars.

I don't really feel I can say what was good or bad about this movie because without having read the book it was based on I can't really say if it kept true to the original story. I did enjoy myself. I laughed. I rooted for people. I can see this movie being a cult classic that people would eventually dress up for and bring a towel.
I posted this @ 5/16/2005 01:33:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.