The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
5/02/2005
GETTING OLDER by Oasis

There has been a lot that has gone on lately that has me personally feeling like I am old. Wait... perhaps old isn't the right word. What would be the term for when "a lot of time has passed and things have changed right under your nose without you even realizing it happened?" Old? Anyway...

My little brother is graduating high school at the end of this month. A good friend from the neighborhood I grew in is getting married at some point this year. Another good friend just had a beautiful baby boy. If a person's 20s are to figure out who you are as a person and where you think you want your life to go. The 30s are obviously about seeing where those choices led you and watching others begin to make choices of their own.

My brother was accepted to college. He has good ideas of what he wants to study. He talks about Prom and moving into the dorms. I am excited for him. I feel like I am living vicariously through him in a small way. I get to see his excitement and anticipation, while remembering when he couldn't talk and when I carried him around on my shoulders. He's grown up... and it's a wonderful thing.

My childhood friend is getting married. She is well on her way to starting a family of her own. I remember when we used to try and convince her she was adopted because she had different color hair from her siblings. (Kids will be kids) I listened to her talk about her college major. I helped her with a couple projects, and even let her job shadow me a couple shifts. She's gone from the 'little sister' to the mom and wife.

Part of all this is me just being in a sentimental mood. I think I typically am this type of year, just because Spring is a time of change and about new directions as people move away, go to school, or marry. Along with that, being a student of human nature I find that I enjoy hearing about other people and seeing the changes they make in their life.

I just thought I'd share.
I posted this @ 5/02/2005 06:21:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.