The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
5/04/2005
EAT IT by Weird Al

I subscribe to the daily recipe newsletter from allrecipes.com. I love it! I love to cook and try new recipes. The recipes they send are generally pretty run of the mill. Nothing too wild or wacky. Occasionally, I will get the 'exotic' dish, but it is usually something pretty easy to make and made with standard main items. Meaning, I won't have to hunt through the phone book looking for a black market Asian food store to find fugu or Godzilla guano just to make dinner.

I am a picky eater. Not just necessarily picky about what I eat, but the texture of the things I eat. I like my Jell-O pure. There shouldn't be chunks of fruit, cottage cheese, or other non-Jell-O items. I'm ok with crunchy things in my ice cream (a la Blizzards) as long as the item is edible to begin with.

I could go on, but my overall point is that some things shouldn't be combined as far as I'm concerned. Fruit on salad is odd to me. Peanuts on chicken is odd to me. The texture of such combinations is not something I relish. Based on the name alone, it should be no surprise to anyone that I probably won't be making the latest recipe that I was sent.

Coconut Breaded Chicken with Crunchy Fruit Sauce

The combination of slaw, apricots, pecans, and cucumber is not one that I will be looking through my recipe box to find. Fruit can be 'crunchy' because of the fruit itself, but adding things to the fruit to make it crunchy is not acceptable. Apples might be 'crunchy' because of the 'bite' of their peel. Apricots are defintely not crunchy in any form. Fruit might be crisp, but crunchy gives it another level of meaning that doesn't jump out at me as something that would make for good eats.

If anyone is brave enough to try this recipe, be my guest. I'd love to know what someone who isn't me thinks of this dish.
I posted this @ 5/04/2005 02:44:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.