The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/28/2005
DRESS YOU UP by Madonna

I’ve never been a slave to fashion. I was not the kid who begged my providers for the latest style of shoes. I didn’t have to have a certain brand of jeans. I think this picture is proof enough that I wasn’t a fashionista when I was growing up. Even now, while I like to have clothes that look nice, I don’t have to shop at high priced or trendy stores. God Bless Super Target!!

I once swore off going into Old Navy at our local mall because it was too bright. Not just the lighting (which was extremely bright on its own). I swore the store as a whole. The concept of so many perky faces overly willing to point out their sales made me a little nauseated.

I did finally break down and purchase some clothes at Old Navy, once. They were having a storewide sale and I needed some new clothes. My overall experience was fine, but it did leave me with an odd unsettling feeling. Did my purchase just encourage some teenager that they were doing a good job? Might that be the motivation they needed to go talk to someone else about the low low prices? Could I have unintentionally inflicted such drone-ism behavior on to another unsuspecting person like myself who just stopped in to by a t-shirt?

I needed disinfectant.

What goes along with this is a side of me that I’ve noticed is growing more and more hostile at times. While I may not dress in haute-couture, I have no problem remarking or exclaiming when I notice someone else who hurts my eyes. I blame Will & Grace and What Not To Wear.

Some of the comments made on WNTW are just too funny. Those style bitches make me laugh from deep within. It’s a morbid fascination to watch this show and see how some people present themselves. It’s like watching Extreme Makeover, but only for a person’s wardrobe.

Like I said… I’m not Calvin Klein, but seeing Karen comment on an outfit that Grace is wearing because it looks like it should on the hull of the space shuttle to protect it during re-entry is just too good!

There’s a special place in hell for hypocrites like me.
I posted this @ 1/28/2005 05:15:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.