The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
10/08/2009

Top Chef 5.4 Appetizer

I'll have more of a recap tomorrow. For now I just wanted to spout off a few observations about the cheftestants and the show itself.

So far I'm liking this season. I can't say it's my favorite. I've heard from a couple different people that this season seems to lack the caliber of chefs as some of the previous seasons. I can't say that I disagree completely. But I will say that one thing I think this season is lacking is drama. Sure it's a cooking show. But where are the rivalries? Where is the villain to root against? Where is the underdog to root for? We're four episodes in and the front runners are easy to spot. There are a couple people who are taking the challenges very serious, but I'd hardly call them villains at this point.

I want more clever Vegas terms usage. All-in! Double down! Full House! Royal Flush! Break The Bank!

Let's take a closer look at the chefs that are left in Vegas.

Ash - You've had a few moments in the spot light. Though, I still don't get a sense of what you're capable of cooking. You're too much in the middle and I'm not feeling the belly-fire you need to win or at least wow the judges.

Hector - You seem like you've got some tasty flavors you could pull out of your bag of tricks. I just don't know that the judges share your palette.

Jesse - I think you got lucky right out of the gate. But since then, the challenges have just kept you guessing. I don't think you're good at thinking on your feet, and that is a HUGE liability on Top Chef.

Ashley - You seem inconsistent at best. You're a hot head in the kitchen which is good for TV drama, but honestly, your food doesn't back up what you're verbally cooking. If all you are is a drama queen there are a lot of other shows on Bravo that can give us that.

Eli - You're another Middle Of The Pack kinda guy. Other than you and Kevin have some kind of Atlanta bromance going on I don't much about you.

Kevin - You surprised me. My first impressions of you were very wrong. I thought you'd be all talk and no wok. *GROAN* But you can cook! You seem to have a flair for making high falootin' cuisine approachable with Southern charm.

Mike I - You seem like a douche. I don't personally find you funny or entertaining. I think you have been riding the coattails of those around you. Hopefully we'll soon see what you're made of!

Ron - I don't know much about you. You seem like you have a wealth of culinary knowledge, but I've yet to see it. You're the gentle giant of the season. Not really a threat.

Robin - I don't get a sense that I know what you're capable of cooking. You seem fun and spacey and I bet you have 1000 ideas of what you can make. That might lead to some amazing combinations on a plate... or it might lead to a jumbled mess.

Laurine - Who? Seriously... who? You had a moment last week where you pretty much said you weren't really IN the competition. I think you might be overwhelmed.

Mike V - Between you and your brother I expected more competition. Though I think it's being built up by Bravo more than you. Sure you want to beat your brother, but I think you two have a good health respect for each other.

Bryan - Kick your brother Mike V's ass? Maybe... if you feel like it. I think the two of you will go a long way in this competition, but when it comes down to chopping someone which one of you two will it be. You know Bravo can't have BOTH of you in the finally. That'd be too obvious.

Mattin - You seem kind of out of it. I mean, you seem to be having fun, but you also don't seem to be really thrownin' down like the rest of them. You better step it up or you'll be gone SOON!

Jennifer - You have the culinary balls to back up what you sling in the kitchen. I love someone who can stand strong in the face of a challenge. I'm thinking you'll go far!

Right now I'm picking Kevin, Jennifer, and the Brothers (Mike & Bryan V) to make it to the final four. From there it's anyone's game. Who do you think will make it to the end?
I posted this @ 10/08/2009 01:34:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.