The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/02/2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE FAMILY

With Thanksgiving & Christmas barely behind us we immediately have to start looking towards Christmas. Is your shopping done? Are the gifts wrapped? Cards sent? Travel plans... or are you the brave one that is hosting the family? My God have mercy on your soul... All those relatives. All that food to prepare.

Because... Your family will fuck you up! They have been for years. They lie in wait for holidays that require some sort of familial interactions. Just waiting to strike. Just waiting to open the extra strengths cans of crazy and plate you up a heaping spoonful.

Mark & I recently watched Four Christmases. The stars get caught trying to leave for vacation instead of visiting their families on Christmas. The various family scenes that play out are a bit extreme, but not completely unheard of. With any family, when you get that many people together, you're going to have at least a little mayhem ensue.

I come from a small family. I'm closest with my Grandparents. My Father has kids that are way younger than I am, and they live 8 states away. My little brother doesn't have any kids and he usually spends it with his mom during the holidays. My Aunt doesn't have any kids. So it's just usually my Grandparents, my aunt, and myself at Christmastime. As odd as it may sound, I would love a large family Christmas.

Somehow in my mind I've convinced myself that in order to escape one-on-one family-time, I need to be around a larger family. It's easier to blend in. It's easier to sit back and enjoy the wackiness. The nut-job relatives have more targets as options, rather than just singling out you.

People that I've heard say they don't like Christmas say it usually, because they don't like some family member(s). Rarely is it the presents or the food or the holiday in general. The travel can be a pain I won't try to lie, but I don't mind that. Now granted, this is coming from someone who only has to drive an hour and has a few family members that I see at anyone time. The grass seems greener on the other side.

My few family members drive me crazy sometimes. My phone conversations with my Grandmother usually involve explaining to her how my voice mail works and that I can turn 'off' my phone and it will still get calls to it. It won't disturb me. My Grandfather's hearing is shot and he refuses to wear his hearing aides. My Aunt thinks we don't know she still smokes. It's fun to follow her outside to 'talk' with her just to see how long it is before she goes back inside having not been able to sneak outside for a smoke.

Not matter what the future may hold, good, bad or otherwise... I would miss my nutty family if I couldn't get together with them.
I posted this @ 1/02/2009 04:59:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.