The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
12/01/2008

EVERYBODY'S WORKING FOR THE WEEKEND

Mark and I went to Kansas City this weekend. It's a ritual that we began shortly after we met. We've been going to The Plaza each winter once they begin with their holiday light display. I'm easily amused so it doesn't take much. The weather was a bit stressing, but it could've been worse. It was a bit rainy. Or maybe it was snow... It was hard to tell, really. The drive down wasn't too bad. The walking around The Plaza was nice. I wasn't disappointed to see the lights come on at dusk. It was the drive home that sucked. Fog rolled in and made the flurry-ish snow even a little more annoying. But we took our time. Rather make it alive, than make it in record time.

I like taking road trips with Mark. We have good talks when we're on the road. It's probably because we aren't distracted by TV. I kid, but seriously... there is something about riding along and having meaty conversations that I truly enjoy. There is something that I love about knowing that the man I want to spend my life with is right there by my side. He's got my back. He helps me with directions. He knows when I'm concerned and does what he can to help. He is caring. He is thoughtful. He is loving. He is the one for me... and road trips like this last weekend just remind me of that.

The shopping itself is kind of hit or miss for us. We both like the home decor stores. I'm all about William Sonoma. We both are entertained by Scandia Down, for one primary reason... $400 throw pillows. What is a pillow stuffed with that makes it that much? So we go in there so that I can wipe my nose on it. I'm imbuing it with my essence.

The clothing stores are nice, but I'm not that into clothing that I have to go in and try on various things. I enjoy window browsing, but it's not that super important.

It would be a great place if my friends had extravagant tastes. There are a lot of high end shops. But Mark and I have just as much fun looking at blow out deals at discount stores as we do high end retail.

Speaking of blow out deals, being Thanksgiving weekend... the crowds weren't too bad. Granted with the economic problems the country is having, it's no surprise. Yet, it made for good times in getting around each shop. We actually braved a few stores on Friday. K-Mart looked like a small tornado had hit it. Everything was so picked over. I kind of wanted to go to Wal-Mart simply for the ability to gawk at the masses struggling to get a deal. But my sense got the best of me.

Overall, it was a good weekend. I'm still waiting for a good snow so that Mark and I can park ourselves in front of a window and watch it fall. I'm ready now.
I posted this @ 12/01/2008 08:54:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.