The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/02/2009

WE ARE YOUNG

This article bothers me... and I'm not sure that I can pinpoint why. The article talks about a research study that states that parents and guardians who reacted negatively when their children come out to them are more likely to attempt suicide, experiement with drugs, and experience severe depression.

Really? Because that kinda seems like a no-brainer to me.

The article goes on to say, "The way in which parents or guardians respond to a youth's sexual orientation profoundly influences the child's mental health as an adult." Again.. really? How about you just be nice to your kids?

I was a late bloomer and have a weird dynamic with my family so I can't really use my own personally coming out experience as an example. What I can tell you is that... kids want acceptance from their parents or some parental figure in their life. I guess it kind of bothers me that it had to be broken done into a sexuality issue and published as research topic.
I posted this @ 1/02/2009 04:58:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.