The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
12/05/2007

COFFEE & TV

For years, while others have nurtured their coffee craving desires, I've been content to sit on the sidelines placidly. Perfectly happy with my teas and sodas. If I wanted a caffeine boost I turned to Coke or Dr Pepper. If I wanted something warm, there was always hot tea. Only occasionally dabbling in the dark roasted arts, I drank very few concoctions procured from baristas.

Many years ago, when I first started working overnights I convinced myself that coffee, like beer, was an acquired taste. A taste that if I was to stay up all night I would need to possesses. I purchased a small coffee maker, a can of Folgers, and the ingredients I thought I'd need to make this cup of hot brown water palatable. I was unable to find any combination of ingredients to make the coffee something I would want everyday. I ended up giving the rest of the coffee away and who knows where the coffee maker really is.

That was then... this is now. Still not a big coffee drinker, I found myself craving a white chocolate mocha. A drink that I've had a handful of times, ever, but that I knew I could at least stomach. Maybe it was the lack of sleep combined with the approaching Thanksgiving holiday. On my way to my familial home I stopped at Starbucks to get one. It was the best coffee I'd ever had. Ever! Which... really isn't saying much given my short engagement with the bean. Since then I've had a white chocolate mocha every few days. I suppose this is how it starts. Like a gateway drug to stronger, more daring drafts, this more-dessert-than-drink beverage has found it's way into my life. Curse you Starbucks... Before you know it, I'll be ordering grande skinny mocha-frappa-dapple-ccinos with room. And small cup of ice, cause... DAMN coffee is hot!

Argh...

Labels:

I posted this @ 12/05/2007 10:11:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.