The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
7/27/2007

A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME - PART 2

I'm always entertained by personality tests. It's the student of human nature in me.

I've taken many personality tests in my time. One thing that I'm always curious about is how accurate they are. Not that I expect it to predict or explain anything. Yet the curiosity is there. It's my astrology.

I'm not really surprised by the results. I am a Confidant, INFJ. I wonder if someone else took the same test but answered the questions about me would it give the same results? Do others see me as INFJ? Am I being accurate in my view of myself?

"INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types."


I would say that I am artistic and creative. I like to think that I am intuitive, even tho I may not always be right about my intuitions.

"INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. "


Once again, I would like to think I am insightful. I think that is part of the reason I enjoy counseling as much as I do. I enjoy sharing insight that I may have.

"Because the INFJ has such strong intuitive capabilities, they trust their own instincts above all else."


I try to do this, but I think that I have issues trust myself sometimes.

"In the workplace, the INFJ usually shows up in areas where they can be creative and somewhat independent. They have a natural affinity for art, and many excel in the sciences, where they make use of their intuition. INFJs can also be found in service-oriented professions."


Hrm... Counseling?

Other INFJ's: Martin Luther King Jr., Mother Teresa, Oprah, and Tom Selleck.

One of these things is not like the other... One of these things just isn't the same...

My top three type of intelligences aren't really a surprise.

Musical - People with musical intelligence are musically gifted and have a "good ear" for rhythm and composition.


This I would say is true without a doubt. I always have a song in my head. I'm always tapping out a tune on the steering wheel. I've noteiced when I walk with my iPod going that I suddenly walk in time with the music if I can.

Visual/Spatial - People with Visual intelligence are good at remembering images and aware of surroundings.


This can be debated as I've gotten lost in big cities on several occasions. In my defense I will say that it is my overconfidence in my ability that has gotten me in trouble. I am good with maps. I can easily visualize how I need to get where I need to go. But such ease doesn't mean, that I don't need to consult maps. That I can just put my ear to the ground and find the North Star based on what side of a tree moss grows on. This is where I run into trouble. Because sometimes I think I can...

Verbal/Linguistic - People with Linguistic intelligence are naturally good with writing or speaking and memorization.


This one surprises me a little. I enjoy writing. I far from good at it. But I enjoy it. I like to think I'm a word geek. I've owned a Scrabble flip calendar.

So then would you say I'm anything like these descriptions?

Labels:

I posted this @ 7/27/2007 07:56:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.