The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
7/23/2007

GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN

It's been a full weekend so let's get started, shall we?

Friday night Mark and I went to a musical put on by a local community playhouse. A couple of Mark's friends were starring in it. We've been to plays before at this place. It's a quaint small performing theater that usually puts on lesser known (to me) productions. This one was called A... My Name Is Alice.

It was described to me as the Vagina Monologues with music. I was weary... Let's be honest. The vagina is definitely not my forte and while I'm all for the empowerment of women, I was unsure about how this would play out in drama-form.

As we took our seats I perused the song/scene list to see how many performances Mark's friends were in. All Girl Band started us off and was fun enough. I like all girl bands. The Bangles. The Donnas. The Go-Gos. When I spotted "For Women Only Poem" I became worried. There were very few men in the audience. And the ones that there were had been accompanied by a female. Would we be kicked out for not having a guide with us?

The song I Sure Like The Boys brightened my outlook. I can relate. When I asked Mark if I could stand up and give a supportive and sympathetic "Me too!" when she sang, I was told "no". I'm unfamiliar with the proper etiquette of musicals.

In the end it was the For Women Only Poems (yes there were a few) that stood out as the funniest scenes. A woman who bore a striking resemblance to Kristen Johnson from Third Rock From The Sun fame would beatnik her way through a few lines of free verse before ending on a comical note of acting out a flightless bird, or dying plant, or most comically, a honking swan. I understand that this is definitely something that doesn't translate well into print. But trust me... when a seemingly bitter young woman starts squawking at the top of her lungs and pantomimes the motions of water fowl... it's funny shit.

By the end, I didn't hate my penis. Nor do I think anyone else in the audience hated my penis either. It was more pro-woman than anti-man than my original thoughts led me to believe. But that still didn't stop Mark or I from picking a bar fight just to reaffirm our manhood.

Labels: ,

I posted this @ 7/23/2007 07:20:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.