The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
7/15/2007

I'M LIKE A BIRD

So Mark and I went to Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix. I've been feverishly reading the whole series this year in anticipation of two things. The fifth movie and the seventh book. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to read the book before seeing the movie. I understand that there are always major differences between movie and book. Things left out. Sub-plots changed to fit time constraints I get that.

So if you don't want to know anything about the movie... stop reading now!

The movie is over two hours long. Be prepared. Though, it really doesn't feel like it.

The acting is probably some of the best that I've seen from this cast. The main three kids seem to have a lot of chemistry. Tho the parts of Ron and Hermione seem way smaller than in previous movies. Imelda Stauton is AWESOME in her role as Umbridge. In the book you know she is a juxtaposition of cruelty and kindness. Fighting for the cause even tho she is fighting the wrong cause.

Several people unfortunately have smaller roles as well. I would've loved to see more of McGonagall and Dumbledore. Tho in the book, Dumbledore has a small but vital part. New characters.. (Character really) Luna Lovegood. Her part in the book is small, but vital. In the movie her vital role is different. It is mainly to remind you that Harry, while seemingly an outsider and alone, is actually just as sane as everyone else. He has just had a different path to walk than the others.

Oh and Luna rocks... she is fucking hilarious in her easily mistaken vacant expression. She is actually very observant.

Reading the book, I didn't feel like I cared about any of the characters. No one really seemed to be likeable. Everyone for the majority of the book is in a bad mood, with good reason. I felt a lot more sympathetic to the same people seeing them in the movie.

I've heard that the movie is rushed. I would agree, but I think that it is unavoidable. This is one of the longest books. Most of the movies have had a good progression of time over the course of the school year. This movie... not so much. You really don't know how much time has passed from scene to scene.

This movie is definitely darker! It's teen angst set in film.

I feel like it was well worth seeing on the big screen.

And now I can read the sixth book.

Labels:

I posted this @ 7/15/2007 07:03:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.