The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
12/28/2006

THE NEVERENDING STORY

I just remembered that I accomplished and task on my 101 List.

#94 was the read three books. Which may not seem like much to some people. Yet, I don't consider myself a reader. I really need to have a desire or strong motivation to finish a book. I can't finish a boring book for a sense of completion.

I did however read three books this year, none of which were my own.

I started out with Memoirs of a Geisha which I borrowed from Michaella. I wanted to finish the book before seeing the movie. I had no problem reading it as I am intrigued by Japanese culture and samurai life. Having just come off a marathon of Shogun, at the time, I was very eager to read this book.

The second and third books came almost back to back in the latter part of this year. Dan Brown's Angels & Demons followed by David Sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day.

Angels & Demons was an interesting book that I wanted to read, but I did find it to be the exact same as the more well known DaVinci Code. The overall plot was virtually identical. As a result I don't think I enjoyed it as much because I found it to be old. Now I probably would've said the same thing had I read them in the opposite order. Then I'd be saying The DaVinci Code was just a rehashing. (Which technically it is.)

Me Talk Pretty was a book I borrowed from CT that he had borrowed from his brother, who was living out of state and would be visiting for the holidays. So there was a time factor involved in reading it quickly and returning it. I sped through it and loved every page. I've been a fan of hearing his readings on NPR that Cherry Blossom Girl would point out to me. I think I'd picked up a book of his in Borders at some point, but had never bought one yet. Within the span of two weeks, I finished one book and was gifted another thanks to CT. So now I'm working on Sedaris' Naked. Though I won't finish it before the end of the year. So the tally stands at 3. Which means #94 can be crossed off the list.
I posted this @ 12/28/2006 11:58:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.