The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
8/31/2005

101 in 1001

A quick post and then the list. This was actually a hard list to make. I started out slow. Once I wrote a dozen or so, I found that I was actually moving right along. I started looking at other people's lists to see what they had wrote and to come up with some inspiration for ideas. I was worried. Were there not a lot of things that I wanted to do with my life? No... I have plenty of things. I was torn between putting things that were 'important' considered global contributions (#9) and things that were purely just fun for me (#43). So there is a good mix of both. Looking over the list, I'm surprised I haven't done some of these already. As I was looking at other 101 in 1001 lists I was surprised that some people had never done/seen/accomplished some things. (Ex. See snow) They are listed in no specific order of important. I did try and rearrange them a little so the ones that were related were together.

As I complete these 101 goals, I'll probably make a page for them specifically. Easier to keep track that way and also share the stories of some of the more entertaining tasks.

My 1001 days start... NOW!!!



The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e. represent some amount of work on your part).

Inspiration:
This seems like a good way to set realistic goals and remember some of my hopes and dreams that I'd like to accomplish. They are listed in no specific order. If I complete all 101 in 1001 days, then I hope I am a better man not for having done such a thing, but for what I've learned along the way.

Start Date: Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Deadline: Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Tasks completed: 0

1- Be a better friend to people in my life.
2- Go to Europe again now that I am older and able to appreciate the experience
3- Get reacquainted with friends that I've lost touch with. Dave Burman... Sarah Loseke... where are you? (Completed 10/18/2005)
4- Buy a new (to me) car.
5- Pay for someone's meal behind my in the drive thru line.
6- Maintain a job at the place I work. This sounds odd, but technically, my job is finished around September 2007.
7- Join, support, and actually attend an organization, club, or group.
8- Make a charitable donation.
9- Volunteer my time in a charitable way.
10- Save 5 dollars a day for 3 months.
11- Start working out twice a week.
12- Lose 10 pounds to weigh less than 200 pounds again.
13- If I'm going to weigh more than 200 let it be muscle.
14- Stop biting my fingernails for at least two months so that I can...
15- Get a manicure.
16- Get a pedicure while I'm at it.
17- Get a professional massage.
18- Take a photography class.
19- Publish a photo I've taken (besides on my blog).
20- Take a Photo Log of my life for a week.
21- Make a list of my 100 Favorite Songs.
22- Own copies of my 100 Favorite Songs.
23- Make a list of my 100 Favorite Movies.
24- See Natalie Merchant in concert outside the city/state I live.
25- See Ben Folds in concert outside the city/state I live.
26- See Train in concert outside the city/state I live.
27- Complete a gallery of 26 Things.
28- Go to New York City.
29- Go on a cruise.
30- Go to Mardi Gras. I know I could do/see the same things there almost any time of year, but to be able to say I attended Mardi Gras is worth a place on the list.
31- Go on a whale watching trip.
32- Go to a museum that I've never been to before.
33- Go to the top of the Space Needle.
34- Go to Canada.
35- Go to Mexico.
36- Attend the US Open Tennis Grand Slam
37- Join a local tennis club and play more often.
38- Compete in the Cornhusker State Games in tennis.
39- Start classes towards my Masters degree. I'd say complete my Masters, but speaking frankly and realistically I do not see it happening in three years. If it does? Great!
40- Give up apartment life for life in a house.
41- Plant an herb garden.
42- Make a photo book to give to my friends.
43- Sing "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkle, "Smooth" by Santana, or "Come Fly with Me" by Frank Sinatra, at a karaoke bar.
44- Jog 15 miles a week.
45- Complete a 5K run.
46- Buzz my hair. SHORT! Just to see what it would look like.
47- Eat sushi. Real sushi, not the stuff you find packaged at Super Target. What was I thinking?!
48- Take a trip with my brother, just the two of us, to someplace neither of us has been.
49- Attend a Huskers football game at home.
50- Throw a game night party and invite my friends.
51- Take a cooking class.
52- Create my own dish.
53- Cook for someone who doesn't live with me at least once a month for as long as I can.
54- Learn to bartend. Not to be a bartender, but this seems like one of those skills that are fun to know, but not very useful in everyday situations. ONLOOKERS: "Quick! Help her! She's trapped under the car." ME: "I can't move the car, but do you want a mojito?"
55- Take a wine tasting class.
56- Bake a pie.
57- Vote in every election I'm eligible to vote in.
58- Take a trip by train.
59- Take a romantic vacation.
60- Take part in a Mystery Dinner Party
61- Stay in a fancy hotel even if it is for just one night.
62- Order room service.
63- Get a puppy.
64- Sleep outside under the stars.
65- Have something published on McSweeney's
66- Win a contest.
67- Visit 5 states that I've never been to before.





68- Buy a laptop.
69- Watch all the episodes of Inuyasha
70- Be in the audience of a television show.
71- Have a meaningful conversation with my Father.
72- Make a Family Tree.
73- Go to the dentist. (I actually dreaded putting that one on the list)
74- Try a new cuisine of food that I've never had before.
75- Send an angry letter to someone (some place) that has dislocated my chi.
76- Send a positively glowing letter to someone (some place) that I was impressed with.
77- See a midnight movie at the Dundee.
78- Skinny dip.
79- Try to not eat meat for a week. Just to see if I can.
80- Try to not eat carbs for a week. Just to see if I can.
81- Go a month without drinking soda. (Completed 10/13/05)
82- Build a piece of furniture. (Not from a box at the store)
83- Get a couple bins to use a recycling bin.
84- Try Geocaching
85- Shave off my goatee for a month. (I haven't in almost 8 years.)
86- Get a tattoo.
87- Ski.
88- Actually complete all the video games I own. I own quite a few PS2 games, but I've not solved them all. Why is this important? Closure.
89- Eat at a Hard Rock Cafe.
90- Host a month party, event night, game night, etc...
91- Take vitamins regularly.
92- Send birthday cards to my friends and relatives. Not e-cards.
93- Get recertified in CPR.
94- Read 3 books a year. (I don't read that much now).
95- Write a hand-written letter to someone once a month.
96- Be true to myself. Vague? Trust me. I'll know when I've done this.
97- Give away any old clothes that I no longer wear.
98- Attend a professional musical.
99- Buy something from an infomercial.
100- Build a snowman.
101- Fly first class.

I posted this @ 8/31/2005 12:53:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.