The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
8/25/2005

HYPOCRITE by Guttermouth

I'm not unfriendly. I'm really not. I just am not good with small talk. When I make the attempt to engage people in conversations I get over-shares. Yet, if I don't at least politely acknowledge a person's comment I'm being rude or aloof. I've not found that nice balance yet. This combined with my inability to take a compliment without downplaying it with excuses doesn't make for typically good social interactions. Which makes for an interesting hypocritical situation, as you'll see.

My car was in the shop for some minor blinker repairs. So I drove Kaz's car. It's fancy compared to my Jeep, so I'm nervous driving it.

As I left work and headed to the car, a random employee shouted, "Nice car." I responded graciously with a "Thanks" and drove away. It's not even my car, but it wasn't worth explaining.

On the way home, while stopped at a red light, I noticed a man in a Geo Tracker staring at the car. Nervous, I checked my mirrors to see if I could notice anything wrong. Was the gas tank open? Did I hit something and have a huge dent? Why was he staring? At the next light I got my answers.

Tracker Man: "How do you like your Acura?"

Me: "It's nice."

Tracker Man: "It's the TL, right."

Me: *unsure look on my face thinking, *It's not my car. I'm not for sure. "Yeah it is," I said with faux confidence.

Tracker Man: "GPS Navigation?"

Me: "Yeah."

Tracker Man: *says something that I couldn't understand.*

Me: I fake an answer, "Yeah. It's pretty nice."

Tracker Man: "Did you keep the XM Radio?"

Me: Does he sell them? Is he trying to make a last minute business deal. "Yeah, I did. I didn't think I'd want it at first, but it's convenient."

Tracker Man: "Yeah. My wife has my car today and it has XM Radio. I turn on the comedy station and laugh all the way home."

The light turns green.

Tracker Man: "See ya!"

I'm sure he was just being friendly and conversational. I resisted the urge, twice in one day, to go into a rambling explanation about how it's not really my car and that my Jeep is in the shop getting it's oil changed and blinker fixed. It's not that I can't do either by myself, but the blinker lightbulb was rusted in there and no force I could produce would get it out. So it was just easier to put mine in the shop for the day and drive a different car. But then I'd be doing what... ah well. Anyway. You see my situation.

What annoys us in others is what we are afraid to acknowledge in ourselves.

Ooo... Did it just get deep in here?
I posted this @ 8/25/2005 09:18:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.