The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
8/19/2005

SOMETIMES I DON'T MIND by The Suicide Machines

The song is actually about a dog. Trust me.

A few years ago Chris's parents gave me a Scooby Bobble head for Christmas. Since I love Scooby Doo it was a no-brainer of an idea. I loved it! It was one of those bobble heads that I'd typically seen as a dalmation. I'd never seen a Scooby before then. I put it on my dashboard. He accompanied me everywhere for the next three years. He jammed along with the same music I did. He agreed with me when I'd ask him what he thought. He always had a sly smile on his face. He was the conversation piece of anyone who rode in my vehicle.





After years of sun exposure Scooby Doo wasn't so brown anymore. He was taken on a distinct Scooby Dum gray that wasn't appealing at all. I had the brilliant idea to get a brown marker and color Scooby. The first marker I found seemed almost too light. It was more copper than brown. It had been so long since I'd seen his original color. Would copper be to light? I did a test patch on a part of Scooby that wasn't normally visible. It looked ok, but... Meh...

I found another brown marker that was definitely brown. A couple days ago I decided to take the plunge and color Scooby with the brown marker. The results were less than... Well take a look for yourself.

In some spots his fur was rubbing off leaving exposed 'skin' (molded plastic) underneath. In other spots his fur was soaking up too much color if I held the marker in the same spot too long. He ended up looking hyena-ed.

I finally resigned myself to the fact that Scooby was no more. At least in this incarnation. He'd lived his life, and it was a good one. Luckily I had the sense to put him down rather than push him around like a garishly painted grandma in a retirement home parade. Though, I must say that the 'headless' view is a bit more disturbing.
I posted this @ 8/19/2005 06:54:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.