The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
8/10/2005

IS IT LIKE TODAY by World Party

Flower posted a (rhetorical?) question asking if "you believe in intuition." She goes on to talk about a 'feeling' she's had.

It started me thinking about times in my life where I've had senses of deja vu or what Spidey Sense moments. Hinky. You know something is going to happen, but you aren't quite sure what. Depending on the sense, it might be big or it might just be personally important.

I'll get feelings of deja vu and stop dead in my tracks and 'predict' what's going to happen next. I've never kept stats on if I'm right or not. Though, if I was right a lot I'd think it'd be notable or memorable.

I think of the scene in The Matrix where Neo notices a black cat walk by a doorway. Twice. He mentions it offhandedly and Switch explains that it's typically caused when something in the matrix has been changed. I'll think about it and then laugh. Stopping briefly to look around for approaching agents.

When we have that feeling of impendence, are we worried about something? Are we pessimistically expecting the other shoe to fall? Are we trying to predict the unpredictable?

I'm a worrier. One of the more prominent traits I inherited from my Grandmother. Thanks... Typically it plays out as just trying to be prepared. Good, bad, or otherwise. Sometimes it can be pessimistic. "Things are just going too good." As the air grows thick with Anvils of Irony waiting to drop.

When I get a feeling like that, I'm not hoping something will happen. Though, I wonder if it's not all part of a self-fulfilling prophecy. You in essence create something that could say you were feeling might happen.

You jinx yourself?

I'm just hypothesizing out loud.
I posted this @ 8/10/2005 09:35:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.