The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
8/01/2005

PHOTOGRAPH by REM & Natalie Merchant

It is said that the average person will have five careers in their lifetime. This has changed from the one job lifestyle that was common twenty-five years ago. I would say that I've had two careers so far. While they are both sorta kinda in the same field, they aren't really. Youth Worker/Counselor. Researcher. I like the idea of having a good steady career. Yet, there are so many things that I wish I did more of or could do as a career.

I consider myself to be rather artistic. I like art and photography. I can go to a gallery or museum and even though I may not know the fancy way of describing a painting, I can tell you what I like and why I like it. I have a basic understanding of composition, lightning, and themes and such things, but not enough to really use it correctly. I'd love to have disposable income that I can spend on cameras and film and all the things that go into photography. A hundred shots for the one perfect picture. I don't think I could make it a career.

I'll see other peoples photography and see the beauty in such simplicity of some pieces. I say to myself, "I can do that. That isn't difficult." Not in a way that I'm putting down the photography, but because I think that I see such common scenes everyday that are beautiful in their own way. Howard Buffet has a series of photographs displayed around the hospital. They are typically international looking locales, portraits of people, nature scenes. They are simple and beautiful. It all seems so easy.

I've taken some photos that I am proud to show. Yet, most of those were taking almost randomly. I wasn't setting out that day take a shot of anything in particular. I just took my camera with me. Which I suppose is part of the deal. If I don't have my camera when I see something that I think would make a good photo then, what's the point. I don't think I could make a career out of photography, but like most people who have hobbies, I don't want a career out of it. I want it to be something that I can do that is fun. Something that I could display if I'm proud of what I've taken, but not because of an expectation.

You might be reading this and think... "and this affects what?" Well, if I take more photos, I might be apt to display more photos. So if you see more photos, this is the thought process that I went through to get to that point.
I posted this @ 8/01/2005 11:59:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.