The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
8/26/2005

101 in 1001 sorta...

I've come across something called 101 in 1001 on various blogs. You make a list of 101 things that you want to do in 1001 days (just under three years). You have to write them clearly and specifically so they can be easily determined to be completed or not.

I've already made a list of 100 Things About Me that I like to look at every now and then just to see what's changed since when I wrote it. I felt like amending it once or twice, but I think that it is a good marker in Time for where I was in my life. That's not something I want to disturb.

I've heard about people making lists and even writing whole books about things everyone should do before they die. I've flipped through the book at Borders, but overall it just seems too abstract. No matter what I may like to profess, life is short and I'm a terrible procrastinator. If I say I want to go to Europe again before I die, I could very easily put that off till senility hit and I'd forgotten about it.

1001 days is a little more doable. I am writing a list, but I don't want to publish it to the world yet. I'm giving thought to what I want to put on it. Not procrastinating! I just don't to give it words yet. Because then it becomes real. There's no escaping it then. So by putting this to words I"m reminding myself that I said I would do this... and I will! I swear. It takes a while to come up with 101 things that I want to do. Reasonable things. Not "walk on the moon" things.

If I started today (which I'm not) 1001 days would put my deadline at May 23, 2008.

Here are a couple examples of others 101 in 1001 lists.
I posted this @ 8/26/2005 12:17:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.