The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
4/03/2006

TURN YOUR BACK ON THE SUN

I'm pretty sure Ben Franklin didn't intend for a majority of the country to be all bewildered and confused for a least a couple of days twice a year just so they could save on candle wax in the 1700s.

While I understand the concept, I'm not sure it is as widely needed anymore.

I don't think I was as affected by it when I worked overnight. Becuase I was typically up at night anyway. I wasn't waking up to find that an hour of my life had been relived or taken away from me. For the past two days I've woke up and wondered why it is still so dark for 6AM before realizing that it is still technically 5am. Nature plays it's own jokes on us with how much sunlight we have. Anywhere from 24 hours to zero hours a day in some places. Have you seen Insomnia with Al Pacino and Robin Williams? That can mess you up!

Then we go an add Time Zones, from the creators of Jet Lag. Which while at least more understandable, are still somewhat annoying.

I understand that there are some states that no longer observe DST. Which is great, but also even more confusing. Becuase if you are traveling and unaware that you are in a state that doesn't observe DST then you've got to take that into account when planning times. Why can't it be an all or nothing thing?

Forget the protection of marriage amendments. This is the real hot button topic!
I posted this @ 4/03/2006 12:14:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.