The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
3/31/2006

ROAM IF YOU WANT TO

I typically pride myself on knowing where I am at all times. It is rare that I can't at least tell you what direction I'm facing. I've always been good with maps. Those spatial puzzle tests on the ASVAB and standardized testing was always a favorite of mine. I like the mental aspect of folding or putting the pieces together in my mind to figure out what it's supposed to look like.

What has recently amazed me is my surprise at where things are located in Omaha. Now, if you're not from Omaha some of these will seem pointless. But hopefully the overall idea will still come across.

I've lived here since 1997. So I know my way around town pretty well. I know all the major streets. I can get most anywhere in town in good time. If need be I can print off a Yahoo map and find my way easily.

My job takes me to different schools in the metro area. Schools that I would otherwise have no reason to go to. What is surprising me is where these schools are located and I've never really know that. For example, Omaha North is located only a few blocks off of a road that I drove on several times a week. But because I never turned at this particular block, I never knew the school was there.

The same could be said about Millard South. There is a large water tower near the school. I know where Millard South is located, but I didn't know to recently how close to this large water tower it actually is.

If I could draw a map of Omaha based on where I believe everything to be. I'm sure there would be a lot of things spaced farther apart than they actually are. It's just an example of how 'unfamiliar' something can seem even in a place that is very familiar.
I posted this @ 3/31/2006 11:10:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.