The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
3/29/2006

I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT RAINS

I had a conversation that other day in which I realized that I can sometimes be blindly optimistic. I know everyone has a bad day, or that even endless optimism can get tiring. I like to think that optimism is a good thing. Annoying perhaps, but hopefully understood to be well meant. I don't begrudge anyone who isn't optimistic. In a way, it is refreshing.

I took a stab a talking about serious and heavy topics on this blog. It didn't last for long. I quickly came to the realization that there is a lot of shit going on in the world. While I certainly have opinions on much of what happens. I think that talking about it or spending a lot of mental energy on it should be left up to people who do it best. Or at least better than I could do.

I can understand if I am seen as being superficial or immature. It would make sense given that while I write the occasional 'meaningful' post I don't typically take on the world with my blog.

I think a lot of my optimism stems from the notion that I can't really let myself get bogged down with the shit going on in the world. We all have our shit that we go through. And while we can be supportive, sympathetic, and empathetic to each other, when you get right down to it... we are solely responsible for bringing ourselves out of the our funks. So rather than have to dig myself out of said funk I try not to remain there for long if I can help it.

People are murdered. Women are raped. Children are abused. Son and daughters are killed fighting for their country. A person may contemplate suicide. Another may use drugs to escape their worldly problems. Minorities of all kinds are oppressed. Human rights are denied. Freedoms are threatened. Kids fight with their parents and runaway. Spouses cheat. Marriages end. And it all plays out on the evening news for the world to see.

We all know it happens. I haven't turned blind eye to it. I just choose not to dwell on it all the time. Occasionally I might even write about it.
I posted this @ 3/29/2006 06:23:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.