The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
3/02/2006

WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO GO

So let's just say that the diet isn't going so well. I've not gained any weight, but I've not lost any either. I was doing fine for the first week. I had two whole weeks worth of healthy meals planned out. I was jogging three times a week. Then I got sick. The weather has been up and down crazy temperatures lately. When I was ill I didn't really feel like hauling my ass to the gym to workout. And I ended up breaking my barely formed habit. Even now when I go to the grocery store, I'm, at least, aware of what I'm buying. I'll g fo the healthier choice when given an option or low-cal or light or fat free. Although some thing I refuse to skimp on. For example... Meatless bacon? I've heard of fake-out products before, but never one that was quite as entertaining named.

There used to be a vegan restaurant in downtown Omaha called Daisy Maze that served very healthy vegetarian cuisine. It was routine for my group of friends to get together on Thursdays during the summer and go out to eat and take over a coffee shop with our loud and crazy card or mah jongg games. On one such even we decided the place to eat was Daisy Maze. Now... the two main dissenters of this idea were myself and my best friend Mike. We both were sure that whatever fake out food they'd serve would not satisfy our desire for real meat. I don't care how you spice up tofu, it is still tofu.

We found something that was the closest to a hamburger that they offered. It had "nayonaise" on it, which was intriguing and frightening all at the same time. There was some fake form of cheese as well. This was some serious shit. The overall meal could be classified as an adventure in eating that I probably wouldn't do again... on purpose. Yet it opened my eyes to a couple of issues.

Meat tastes good. Steak tastes good. Pigs are magical animals that give us such bounties as pepperoni, sausage, pork chops, and BACON!!

Have you told your favorite meat-prodcut today how much you love them?
I posted this @ 3/02/2006 07:12:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.