The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/04/2006

WORKING IN A COAL MINE

So I'm reading about the tragedy in West Virginia, where of the 13 coal miners that were trapped, only one of them survived. This news coming about three hours after it was reported that they were all alive. I can't imagine that the incorrect report was on purpose or had any malicious intent. It's unfortunate that 12 families thought their loved ones were still alive only to find out later that they, in truth, were not.

As I was looking at the slideshow and article on MSNBC seeing the families crying faces, I can't even imagine what they must be going through.

After all this is no longer front page news, then what. I don't know anything about the town this took place in. I come from a small town. I can imagine it is a pretty small, close-knit community where even if you don't know everyone, you recognize the names of the locals. Let's say you are that one person who survived. Do you continue to live there? Do you move away trying to escape the memories? Do the families of those who did lose someone they loved even acknowledge you anymore?

It's different in a bigger city where you can go months without seeing a familiar face. Yet, I find the 'aftermath' just as much of a news story as the actual event.

My heart goes out to them.
I posted this @ 1/04/2006 08:34:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.