The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/03/2006

THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS

I've always considered myself to be rather creative. I am somewhat artistic. I play piano by ear. I can be inventive if needed. The treehouse my Grandfather built for me as a kid had several homemade 'appliances' that were used to keep us cool in the summer and secure when we weren't there. Treehome Security is a must for any 10 year old. I don't say this to boast, but only to set the stage.

For my 6th birthday I had a party where I invited my kids in the neighborhood and some friends from school. One of the 'events' of the party was a little production that I had to put together. It was my own episode of The Muppet Show. I had a Rolf the Dog puppet and a Scooter stuffed animal. While it was somewhat difficult to pull off an entire episode with only the B-squad of Muppets. I soldiered on. I ducked down behind my cardboard stage and had Rolf and Scooter act out some scene that I'm pretty sure I'd watched on the REAL Muppet Show a few days before.

It was a flop. I apparently had forgotten that my target audience of 6 year olds who were more enthused about running around the house than to sit down for 10 minutes and listen to my little dog and pony show.

I was scarred for life.

Ok... That's just being overdramatic, but it has played out in several interesting ways. I've never been comfortable with public speaking. I can do it just fine, but I've never been comfortable with it. I 'secretly' wish I would've done more acting in high school plays and choir and such, but the idea of being on stage and performaning was just too much. I did some behind the scenes stuff occasionally which I enjoyed.

I think that I can be funny, but I would never attempt to do stand-up comedy. I'm not funny on purpose. I can't pull it off naturally. I prefer the spur of the moment observational humor.

All of this leads up to how it plays out currently. I like writing for you. Yes, you. Sitting there eating your bowl of cereal... Or taking a break from 'work' to see what is going on in the lives of people you know or sort of know from their online blogs. I like the idea of writing to conjure up beautiful images or to get an audience to feel something deep inside.. The only problem is sometimes I have problems getting the ideas of what I want to say out onto 'paper' (or some other form, such as the lovely Internet).

Sometimes I think my posts relay the meaning of what I was hoping for. Other times I think they are just fluff. Fluff is fine, occasionally. I'm okay with a little fluff. I must admit that I enjoy more of the raw emotion that comes with a telling entry. Something that really gives people an inside to themselves, other people, and occasionally myself.

I think it is easy to just get through some days on auto-pilot and not even really need to 'feel' anything dramatic, in any form. If something I can do can make a person stop and think, or mist up, or laugh out loud, or make them feel the need to pass it on... then I've done my job. And that little boy who was trying to entertain his friends can feel a little better because he's found a way to keep his audience's attention and keep them coming back.
I posted this @ 1/03/2006 11:16:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.