The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
12/28/2005

CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE

So how was your weekend? Did you enjoy your Christmas? I hope it was everything you wanted it to be.

The holidays have always been a time of wonder and merriment for me. Though, they certainly have changed over the years. When I was a little kid there was a lot of time spent in the orchestration in getting Santa to appear. A lot of time spent making sure I was asleep or that the myth was believable enough. It was about the time that I was told Santa left by the front door and I went out to follow his footprints in the snow that the truth became clear.

After that my years were spent making sure that other people enjoyed Christmas as much as I did. My Grandfather was asked to play Santa to the Little Neighbor Girl one year. Her older sister and I had a great time making sure she was in the right spot at the right time to see Santa traipsing their the back yard. Good times.

Christmases have evolved since then. It was about the same time that I realized that the world wasn't a happy place full of sunshine and puppies that I began to be thankful for having people who loved and cared about me. Did I want presents? Well, heck yeah. But it was also about spending a special time with family.



For years when we'd ask my Grandmother what she might want for Christmas, she has always asked for the same thing. Peace in the family. Not that we were a rowdy bunch. Yet honestly, we weren't exactly the Brady's either. Of the three children she raised (me included in that) it's not like any of us have been exactly poster children for the perfect family. There is always something going on. My Grandfather has been up and down in his own health. So just having him around for another year is always a blessing. I think just having a year of peace would be the perfect present for my Grandmother.

Christmas is still about pretending in a way. Parts of it funnier than others. We all pretend that my Grandfather is in good health. We all pretend that my Aunt doesn't smoke. We all pretend my Father hasn't been absent for the last 10 years. We all pretend that I'm not gay.

It's different than denial. It happens around the holidays when all we want is just a peaceful Christmas together. No tantrums. No probing questions. No hard feelings. No resentment. We all get together and put on a brave smiling face and give my Grandmother the gift she asks for every year. Peace.
I posted this @ 12/28/2005 01:14:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.