The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
12/21/2005

I'M DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS

(Subtitled: I'M IN THE MOOD FOR... Meh!)

First of all. Happy First Day of Winter! Happy Yule to you of the Pagan persuasion! Happy Kwanza! Merry Christmas! Happy Hunnukah! To the rest of you... Meh! Or... Feh!

I hate winter. I shouldn't be so harsh and humbuggy, but FEH! I'm tired of being cold all the time. I'm tired of parts of me being chapped simple because the temperature is cold enough to freeze water within seconds.

I like snow. I like the merriment of the holidays. But right now, it's not going to be a white Christmas. It's going to be a cold, somewhat sludgy Christmas. If my amateur meteorological skills are correct, if it's too cold it won't snow. I may be wrong. Either way... Meh! Warm up just a little bit already!

Cars need time to warm up before you drive them. Heavy coats and winter hats and gloves and mufflers and thermal socks needs to be adorned before going anyway. Even someplace simple. Because your breath exhaled makes your nose hairs freeze up so the inside of your nostrils feel like a Triscut.

I wish I could just hibernate at home for a few months. Settle in to a nice snow covered cabin, in front of a fire place, and watch the snow fall. Instead, there is trekking that must be done. Fun trekking I look forward to. It's worth the drive when friends and family are involved. Simple day to day trekking in weather like this is a bitch. Rushing to work because you want to park close to the front door so you don't have to walk as far. Driving amongst all the locals who somehow have forgotten how to drive in bad weather since last winter and now every road is like a Canadian curling lane and your car is a curling stone.

Pushing a shopping cart through parking lot sludge? Feh! Wearing dress pants that get dirty even looking at your car because everything is covered in a crusty layer of dried road mush? Feh! Salt-melt that doesn't melt ice completely enough and gets tracked into the house? Feh!

I don't have kids, but I feel tremendous sympathy for those who do. Those brave parents who not only have to bundle themselves up, but their little kidlings as well. I've known some parents who didn't even bother to unswaddle their children if they weren't going to be in a place for very long because it simple wasn't worth the fight. "Meh!" I say for you and your suffereing.

I know this comes off as completely bah humbug. I own that. If I don't like the weather here I could move. I wouldn't, but I physically could. It's just that time of year where the annual bitching must be done. It must be released into the open so that Christmas joy and happiness can take it's place. And God knows I could use some...

Stay warm! Enjoy the holidays!

Merry Christmas Wal-mart shoppers!
I posted this @ 12/21/2005 12:31:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.