The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
12/01/2005

PLAYING WITH THE QUEEN OF HEARTS

...which has nothing to do with my post. It's just the song stuck in my head.


So let's see. What have I been wanting to write about?

Well first and foremost. My Grandfather is home from the hospital finally. He was moved from Lincoln to NCity for a short stay. Then finally home. It actually worked out quite well.

I was on my way to visit my Grandmother last Friday. I was going to help her run any errands she needed as well as take her out for dinner. I called and the phone was busy. Not unusual, but not typical either. I called again. Same thing. Maybe she was on the phone with the family in Alabama. I figured I'd just keep calling in order to let her know I was on my way. Sixteen phone calls later, the line was still busy and I was convinced that something tragic had happened.

I show up to find the house in order. I call out her name and she answers. I ask if she knew her line has been busy for the last hour. She had apparently not hung up the phone completely the last time she used it. Which was at some point earlier that morning. Well, her phone issues had been enough to alarm not only myself, but our neighbor came down to check on her because she didn't answer. The hospital was trying to call her. My Grandfather was trying to call her. So the phone about jumped off it's base when it was hung up.

All was fine. The hospital just wanted to let us know that my Grandfather was being released. We brought him home. Got him set up with his new meds. He looked about as good as I've seen him in a long time. I spent the afternoon getting prescriptions filled and grabbing food for us to eat. Not your tradtional Thanksgiving, but a thankful one just the same.


In lighter news... I picked up the new Madonna and Sheryl Crow albums. There are songs on both albums that I can see getting airtime. "Hung Up" and "Jump" are two of my favorites on Confessions On A Dance Floor. The whole album could be played like on continuous dance mix. I'm actually looking forward to hearing what type of mixes people will make as a result of these latest offereings.

Shreyl Crow has a sure hit with "Good Is Good" and "Lifetimes" on her album Wildflower. There are a couple songs which have very similar sounds to her previous albums. One song even starts out with an almost identical guitar riff as "Can't Cry Anymore." It's not bad. It just doesn't seem like a new sounds for Sheryl. Overall it's a good album. It's a very mellow album.


If you've not seen the latest episode of Lost... Just skip the rest of this post right now. I don't want to spoil anything for you.

I'm hooked on Lost. I love it! There has been some talk in various articles and fan forums that the mysteries keep getting deeper. The cast is growing. Yet, nothing is being answered. I can see what some of these complaints are. The mysterious are getting more complex. Yet, it is also getting more intriguing as well.

Last chance to turn away...

Mr Eko seems like a very good counterpart for philisophical Locke. The theme of black and white is again shown when they meet and begin swapping notes. Literally! The film that Eko brought Locke while it didn't shed a whole lot of new light on anything certainly does make you wonder why anyone would cut out a section of the film Locke watched.

I'm glad to see Rose back with her husband, Bernard. No one really expected him to be white. Yet, cheers to Hurley for pointing out the obvious.

I was said to see Shannon go. Even though she was useless to the rest of the group and overall her story wasn't that interesting. She was still a dimension of the show that was enjoyable. You know there is going to be at least one spoil girl who wants everyone to do for her. It was nice to see her learn to do for herself. I just hope they don't need any more French translated.

I feel sorry for Ana-Lucia, but she needs to learn to get along with others better. Seriously. I know she's a big girl and can take care of herself. Yet, c'mon... you're on an island with a bunch of people and there is obviously something hinky going on. It wouldn't hurt not to isolate yourself too much. Hopefully Jack can help her with that. He finally had that drink with her.

Michael! Don't mess with the computer! Dude! You find blast doors and you know that the computer supposedly stops 'something' from happening. Should you really mess with it?

Kate is one of my favorite characters. It was good to see her story play out more this last episode. Though, I think she was losing it. My question is... When Sawyer was chasing a boar it was symbolic of the guy he killed. So is the black horse, that Kate has seen twice now, symbolic of her biological father that she killed? Food for thought.
I posted this @ 12/01/2005 11:45:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.