The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/31/2006

WALK THIS WAY

I weigh 213 pounds. Get it? Walk This (Weigh). Feh...

I'm 31 years old. This is the most I've ever weighed. I can run, but I notice that I get winded fast than I used to. I sometimes get a pain right under my rib cage that I claim is my belly separating from rib cage. Would I say I'm fat? No. Would I say I'm overweight? Yes. I have been for years. My ideal weight was once calculated at 175 and I was 175 once I looked skeleton thin.

I'd be happy with weighing 213 if it was evenly distributed or muscle instead of fat. Alas, this is not the case... I have tree trunk thighs from biking and fencing. But the most of what I'd like to lose is all hanging in front of me.

You may notice of a little number on the sidebar to the right. It will be my weight tracker. I'll try and update it every couple of weeks.

Will I lie to you about my weight loss? Probably.

Will I do it out of malice? Absolutely not.

Will I own up to it when I do lie about my weight loss? Of course.

I just wanted to put that out there for you to be aware of.

So I decided to start eating healthier. I've giving it a fair shake. I'm not super optimistic, but we'll see how it goes. I'm taking a very moderate approach to this diet. Everything in moderation. I love breads and cheese. Melty cheese on warm bread. Mmm... Thick bready coatings on food smothered in cheese. I'll take two! While I don't plan to give them up completely I at least want to cut back on how often and/or how much I partake. The same goes for a lot of the things that would be taboo in most diets. I've not had a cookie since around Christmas time. Does that mean I won't ever have one? Of course not. But I'm not going to lock myself in the bathroom with a crate of Oreo's and a tub of milk either.

Moderation.

The Salmoning - Baked Salmon
Last night it began. The first in a series of healthier meals, which included baked salmon topped with tomatoes, mushrooms, and baby spinach. It turned out pretty good. I like salmon, so it wasn't a huge shock to my system to eat something that wasn't deep fried.

While shopping the trend is hopefully to be towards lighter or healthier options of foods. Multi-grain pastas. Light version of some regular items. Diet soda. In case anyone cares... Diet Dr Pepper really does taste more like regular Dr Pepper.

I'll keep you informed on any progress!
I posted this @ 1/31/2006 12:13:00 PM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.