The Comical Misadventures of a Rambling Mind
1/30/2006

BYE BYE MISS AMERICAN PIE

On September 11th, 2001 an act of terrorism ended the lives of thousands of people. Four planes had been hijacked, all over them crashing taking the lives of many with it.

It is an event that people will remember in the way we hear our parents talk about "where they were" when Kennedy was shot or the Challenger exploded. September 11th is a marker in time for all to remember. Yet, how often we remember or want to remember depends upon how you feel about what happened.

Clear out here in the Midwest, far removed from the big city life of New York it is easy to go for long periods of time without thinking of the World Trade Center. There are not the visual reminders (or lack of something as a reminder) as there might be when you live in the place it happened.

The Discovery Channel seems almost infatuated with 9/11. This past weekend I noticed a dozen commercials for programs talking about the fall of the WTC. There is also a re-enactment of the events surrounding Flight 93 that crashed in Pennsylvania.

I'm not sure whether to call it a movie or a documentary. I've not seen it. I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch it. Considering the details of what happened will never be known for sure the details of what happened on the flight. From what I've read, the program mainly shows a lot of phone calls being made and received.

I think the emotions of it would just be too much.

In talking with Mike about 9/11 and the Flight 93 movie (I'm just gonna call it a movie) he mentioned that it is important that we don't forget what happened. I fully agree. There is always talk about it being 'too soon' to tackle sensitive subjects. I'm not sure that there will ever been a time where the subject of 9/11 can be handled without it being a sensitive subject for most people.

While I have no problem with there being memorials and rememberences on Septemper 11th, I'm not what the occasion is for there to be such a rush of 9/11 related programs now. Maybe it's just the cable channels I watch that I've seen a lot of them.

Do you think movies should be made? Would you watch them? Why or why not?
I posted this @ 1/30/2006 10:57:00 AM.............Need a link?..........

I'm a 30-something student of human nature. A music-lovin', groove-shakin', laugh-inducin', dish-cookin', gossip-slingin', type of guy. This is my diary of sorts...

HOME
100 Things
How Well Do You Know Me?


4124101
yahoo
omahomo

Olbermann: Gay marriage is a question of love
Gay ex-governor says he's too poor for alimony
-Barack’s Gay Balance
Calif. Supreme Court rejects gay marriage ban
-Where the Bears don't fear to tread
ABBA Melody
by
ABBA PUPPETS

BLOGROLL ME!

"The Day I Helped Kill A Baby" - Joe.My.God.
"Summertime Blues" - Tomato Nation
"Mama Crazy" - Pamie.com
"Something I Will Never Forget" - Pamie.com
"OMG! It's a teenager." - Does This Mean...
"The God of Comedy Setup Lines" - Frolic & Detour
"Can't Handle The Tooth" - Hissyfit

F6 l c f+++! g+ m++ s(e)

B6 d- t k+ s u-- f i o+ x e+ l+ c

GSS d- s: a C++ W++ PS+ tv++ b+ e++ h- r++ y+

SMo/Ga/Ma A31 W+ H+ w h D+ E+ C++ e++ f Ma S+++

B3 f c-v g+ k? s--

Powered by Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Add to Technorati Favorites!


Counting Sheep
Originally uploaded by Fib.